Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Play touch screen not working.

Hi guys,

My xperia plays' touch screen has stopped working.

I Have extended warranty with my provider however before i send my phone away for replacement/repair i am hoping to be able to copy my contacts to a safe location until i have my new phone.

If anyone has some advice on how to either fix the issue or to sync my contacts then i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Your friendly neighbour hood prawn.

abaptismalprawn@gmail.com

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play touch screen not working.

Please specify if you have the recent software update.

If so.. You should be able to navigate the launcher with the Playstation certified D PAD and select with the X Button.

Go to the Phone dial pad on the dock and then to contacts> Click menu and there should be an option to back up contacts on to the SD card.

Have you also tried running repair via the PC companion software on your PC?

Anonymous(anon)

I'm having a similar problem, except my screen will not turn on at all.  It all started when I pulled my phone out and noticed the screen showed everything upside down.  But the buttons still responded like the screen was normal.  It was weird but I was able to power the phone off.  Now when I try to turn it on I do not see anything, no sony logo during startup or anything.  I removed the battery and put it back in, but the screen still will not show anything. It was not in any contact with water, it was just in my pocket earlier on in the day.  Is there any fix for this other than me having to get a replacement phone?

Anonymous(anon)

I was able to find a solution. Hope you haven't sold your xperia play yet. I have the same problem since I have the latest software, updating is not the solution. I tried everything such as debrand & rebrand the software or firmware, formatted it several times, removed my screen protector & non of these worked. I was thinking to open it for my last resort but it's a big no because you will void the warranty of the phone and it has a complicated hardware structures. I don't trust other persons too that they can troubleshoot it. I bought it abroad so I can't give it back to the retailer.

My xperia play's screen wasn't working for month and one day, when I turned on my phone - usually I turn off my phone before I sleep - a part of the screen works and I was able to unlock it but minutes later the screen didn't respond again. So I come up with a solution and I tried turning off my phone for several days. 5 or 6 days without removing my sim and battery. I was surprised when turned it back on and it is working fine again. Now my xperia play still works well. Hope I helped some other guys out there having the same problem... No money spended..

Anonymous(anon)

even i  m facing the exact same problem...i had bought my xperia play from singapore n warranty is not valid in india,screen becomes unresponsive n comes back to life again after switchin off 4 a couple of days...earlier it was ok but now its very irritating n unpractical....goin to service centre in delhi isnt helpful as they only suggest getting new screen....plzz suggest what should be done

Anonymous(anon)

hello everybody,
i am also having the same problem, and since i have bought my phone from london i cannot get warranty in india. so please freinds sugggest me something...
Its an ardent request from my side...I hope you will help me well.

Anonymous(anon)

Well since my phone was still under warranty, I ended up just getting a replacement phone.  It was a lot easier than trying to figure out what went wrong.