Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Xperia Play screen problem

Hey! everyone i've bought my new xperia play 4 months ago and was satisfied with it's performance but now i have a screen problem the problem is that every time i lock the phone it's screen turns black as normal but when i try to unlock it and push the power button nothing happens to it and it remains black the only solution is that i've to remove the battery and restart the phone and even restart takes several minutes but after restart it works as normal if i don't lock it............ if any one has the solution please share........!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play screen problem

Run a reset settings, if not solved then run a repair software via SEUS http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe
and if the problem still presist then get help from sony authorised service center

Master
nolramlb

have you tried repairing your phone using sus or pcc??

Anonymous(anon)

i have tried factory restore as well as software repair and update but these make no difference problem still exists

Anonymous(anon)

then its better that you get help from nearest sony authorised service center

One time poster
drjosephedward

Anonymous(anon)

Same problem. It happened many times before but always came back on, 2 days ago, it as far as I can tell bricked. Still makes the vibrate when holding power to start up. Waste of money.

Master
nolramlb

I see , I suggest to have your phone checked at a sony service center near you. http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Anonymous(anon)

Update. Phone turned on after 3 days this morning. I held the power button, it vibrated once, then again, then on the 3rd vibrate the sony ericsson screen came on to my surprise. Now that it is on, I set the screen time out to 30 minutes and will continue trying to keep my phone alive by paying too much attention to it until I trade it for a motorola or a samsung who, after this crazy problem, I just trust more with more necessary technology then superflous. Sony, your great at making gaming systems and televisions and Ill stay a strong customer as far as that goes, but never, ever again will I purchase one of your phones.

And as far as a service shop goes, Im sure the one closest to me is in NYC as Im in upstate NY and honestly, it would be more worth my time to just ditch the xperia line altogether. As I said, the problems been happening with my phone since the first week I owned it, so that tells me that it is a "poor build quality" more than anything else. Moving back to motorola, though that sIII looks pretty sweet. Thank you sony, for the years of entertainment you have provided me, and **** you, for making it so I couldn't even make an emergency call for the last 3 days, much less talk to everyone who was trying to get in touch with me. At least all the messages were still there when the phone turned back on, and will have to stay on till I smash it into the ground with new phone in hand. After the frustration this phone has caused me, its gonna feel wonderful.

Anonymous(anon)

then its better that you get help from nearest sony authorised service center