Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play bricked by software update

@uliwooly, I don't want to update right now, I will just wait for it to be available OTA.. The reason why I don't like to unlock my bootloader too is I don't want to flash my phone, the last time I did that it took me 3-4 days to download all my data files back..:smileyyahoo: I dunno what's wrong when im restoring my file using titanium backup before tooo not be able to restore it properly..

Now I just want to be sure first if that mtpAPP from the link i provided is the mtpAPP too for 2.3.3(4.a.2.368) so that I will be able to OTA my phone to 2.3.4 Thanks..

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

you don't have to unlock your bootloader nor root to flash 2.3.4.

it shouldn't take that long to recover all your files, check the link, I added multiple ways to backup your phone and how to retrieve your data

Anonymous(anon)

Yes I know that part, I am a member of that forum too.. What I mean is I want to stay root.And there's no way for me to root again If I flash that 2.3.4 since rootxperia required an unlocked bootloader to flashed it..

My main concern now is the mtpAPP to do OTA soon.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

yeah, you might have to wait then

Anonymous(anon)

I see that this thread has been going for a long time, so I thought I'd add my experience.

I got an Xperia Play for my son this week and it immediately notified about the update so I set myself up to do it now that I had some time.

PC Companion recognised the phone, notified the update and started preparing the computer.

It got stuck for over hald an hour in the last bit, so I had to end the process and restart it.

Connected the phone, PC Companion finished preparing the computer very quicky and started updating the phone.

Half way I got a BSOD :smileysad:

Restarted the computer and PC Companion, but the phone wouldn't want to boot (exclamation mark with phone icon just after the Sony Ericsson white logo). It cycled several times and PC Companion kept reporting phone connected/no phone connected.

It looked well and trully bricked.

But I had read somewhere that SE phones were unbrickable so I convinced myself not to panic (much!!)

So I closed PC Companion, took a breath in and started SEUS. It took a while to update itself and restart. But then, FORTUNATELY, it let me connect the phone (I remove the battery for a few seconds before putting it back connecting) and run the Update.

The phone came back to life and I could breath out :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Okay so every day since the 2.3.4 update has been released on Xperia Play i have been checking pc companion to see if my carrier (Telecom Xt NZ) has put it through well today pc companion said that there was an update for my phone. So quickly i updated all correct and all i am no newbie when it comes to updating firmware etc. And when i rebooted my phone i was welcomed by a new boot logo called "docomo" which i am assuming is a carrier in Japan as it is the new homepage and such things are labeled it. So my question is could my carrier (Telecom XT NZ) have put the wrong firmware up or is it Sony Ericssons fault? Not really sure what to do i have tried the repair firmware option and it just says "no update has been found for your device" or something like that. Anyway so it was a genuine update not like flashed with any other than official. Anyone else having or had this problem? Anyone got a clue what i can do? I gave my carrier a ring but i was put on hold for 25 minutes and finally answered to be told what i already new and i had to explain this 'New' fault to them.... Anyway sorry for long post but just needed to get some help and this seems to be the best place for it. Also i would give a call to my carriers tomorrow but it is labour day and i am most certain that they are closed.

Regards,

Tully

T.I.A

Anonymous(anon)

Hello I have the same problem here I came how last week and the phone prompt me via wifi that there was a update. While installing the update the reboot and after reboot the 4 dots came up after couple seconds the phone slowly went out. I have tried to turned it on back up it wouldnot come up. I have also tried to us the Sony Xperia updater but it told me that my phone has modification software so it cant be updated. I have also tried to flash the phone but i guess the OS that I have to flash it are also modified could someone please assist me.

Anonymous(anon)

dont worry,,, if nothing worked and yu thought u r hopless, flash a stock rom from xda with flashtool... it will work smoothly... also if your phone is new, just take it back and get a new one.... but flashtool will fix it.. i guarantee

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem like people above, and using of FlashTool don't helped with that problem.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

how come it didn't? elaborate

Xperia Play 2.3.4 minor update 4.0.2.A.0.62

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/29378

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)