Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia Play bricked by software update

try Update Service instead

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice/xperia-play?cc=gb&l...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

Last 2 times I wanted to post an update I couldn't login, so here's my update.

After 2 days of trying EVERYTHING. Doing the update service 20 times, doing the back to factory settings 100+ times nothing worked.

Then I thought to myself: this might be stupid, but WHAT IF..I just remove the memory card? (the micro sd).

So I removed it, ran the update service.
AND IT WORKED

All the 'oh I got lucky after 10 tries' things didn't work for me, but removing the sd card and then updating actually worked.

Hopefully this also works for you

Anonymous(anon)

I think you may be on to something there :-)

I may have removed the SD car from my phone too (I had changed it for a higher capacity card and removed it when I thought I'd have to return the phone). There was also a problem with the MTP driver with Windows 7 that disappeared when the SD card was removed and the latest update to PC Companion guides you away from connecting in media transfer mode.

Anonymous(anon)

I went and got mine today (yep I went for it!) I have to say, I love it! I really can't find an issue with it to be honest, I updated it and it's working fine and time scape doesn't lag, infact, it doesn't lag fullstop :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

Hi, well it's august and the problem is still there. I've had my phone for 6 weeks, got it through O2, and all I'm getting now is the continual boot where it brings up the SE logo and then the exclamation mark in a triangle with a pic of a phone. The PC companion is saying it's connected to a Sony Ericsson phone but I have to use the phone to connect but I can't get on the phone to connect. I've tried all the different solutions in the thread but still no luck. Anyone any other ideas?????

Update: its decided to work again now with the update done but it's not reading my SIM card, it's saying Your SIM card does not allow a connection to this network. Would this have been affected by me having my sim card in another phone during the update??

Update 2: it's fully working now though I hope it's not going to be this much of a pain in the bum each time an update is run!!!

Anonymous(anon)

In future remember to unmount your SD card before using PC Companion via MTP to ensure the update goes ahead.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello i also had an xperia play that had the same issue i updated it using phone itself using wifi (without pc) and then it showed me four circles after that it turned of and never powor on again

when i press the power button it flashes a green light and it vibrate without any thing displayed on the screen i tried to update it using SEUS but the download is finshed while the instalation is moving as for factory reset it did the same problem!!

i tried to update it without memory card but without any diference however i removed the battery for 10 min then i reassembeled it and charge it but it didnt boot it gave me a green light on the power button

Anonymous(anon)

Hi

I had the same problem with my xperia play (R8000i), after upload over wifi, my xperia play doesn´t work.

When I press the power button the phone just vibrates, and if I hold it in, it vibrates every few seconds.
I tried the procedure site "software update fails" but when the plug appears menssagen "The phone contains modified connote That software be updated"

Anonymous(anon)

Hello mates..

All of a sudden I can't connect my Phone to PC.. I think I deleted this mtpAPP.. now everytime I connect my Phone it erases some apps on my homescreen, but the apps is stil in my app drawer although it deleted the shortcut i've made to homescreen..

Now, do you have any idea where to get mtpAPP for 2.3.3 with 4.0.a.2.368 firmware? I tried this one http://www.4shared.com/file/e8n3floP/MtpAppGB.html that i found on xda forum.. I just wanna ask if that apk is for 2.3.3 with 4.0.a.2.368 firmware.. Thanks

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

might aswell install 2.3.4

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/23686