Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play bricked by software update

Okay, so after a month or 2 after this issue, would you say it has been resolved? I really want the Xperia PLAY but I'm edging away after I saw this issue.

Anonymous(anon)

I haven't heard any more reports of this issue occuring so I guess it may be resolved now.

It'd be nice if there was an official response stating that the problem had been found and fixed from Sony Ericsson but I suspect it may have only occurred with a small number of devices and has just 'gone away' with more recent updates.

A new update was released recently which I installed via the phone itself without any problems.

Anonymous(anon)

Would you say go for it? or?..

Anonymous(anon)

I think it should be safe to go for it now :-)

The PC Companion software I used to update my phone has now been updated and there is a new software update for the phone so any teething troubles I had should have been ironed out now.

Anonymous(anon)

What about the Timescape lag? Does that still exist?

Anonymous(anon)

To be honest, I've given up using Timescape.

Whenever it is updating in the background I get performance issues changing home screens and sometimes it will get stuck half way between screens for up to a minute. This isn't limited to the Xperia Play as I've also seen it on the Xperia Arc.

Until there is a fix for Timescape I'm using Seesmic for Facebook and Twitter, it doesn't look as nice as Timescape but I don't get any performance issues while it is updating even if I don't have a 3G or wireless data connection.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Timescape its a great idea but not for a phone, since it makes it all slow and unresponsive, maybe when SE release a dual core phone and 1GB of RAM it will work better

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

As far as I know, there hasn't been ANY fix for this problem.

This forum has been unreachable for more than two weeks, SE support didn't give me an answer so I took my Play to service; but... it's been there since june 6th and waiting because it seems that the ONLY person in SE Italy who may know how to fix that is abroad and won't be back until the end of this week.

I really don't know what to say, it's just so unbelievable to go past my worst nightmares.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Which issue?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

the same kind of issue experienced by wuilbert,  jonrad72, t3j, amit, hidoshi, daniele_parazza.
Those who got their phone  bricked because of the OTA update were left on their own.
I guess he last  country to receive the update was Italy, thus you'll find Daniele's and mine as  the last complains.
After then, the forum has been dead for two weeks, so  that nobody came here to post new complaints and/or updates. Anyway, a quick  look on XDA will show that this update has brought many many problems: still,  nobody at SE has given us an answer.