Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play bricked by software update

Read this thread and thought i would just add my experience, i got my handset from Carphone Warehouse which is an unbranded generic UK handset about 5 days ago and upon connecting it to my laptop i was notified of an update and to install it so i did...

Handset had an o2 pay monthly sim card inserted...

All went well with the update, no problems at all however i have noticed sometimes when i take the phone out of locked mode it can be at times a little sluggish and another thing if i turn off the handset then switch it on it takes ages and i mean ages to start up but this i suspect is down to the software of the phone and no doubt effects everyone running the same build as me.

Love this phone!!! :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

My Xperia Play is very sluggish after the update, and requires a reboot at least once a week.. Especially Timescape seems to slow everything down..

Steinar, Oslo/Norway

Anonymous(anon)

Just to say to everyone, if you hold timescape down and remove it from the home page and put it in the bin you will notice a HUGE improvement in speed, However I think Sony Ericson should be able to provide us with a solution that doesnt mean we have to remove one of the key features from the phone in the first place. Phone = slow. I reckon its more a problem with every single handset sold. Also bring out final fantasy for Play, Would be very awesome of you. :smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

I've had a similar problem. I was messing around with the Voice Search, trying to get it to write a text for me as the help video shows. When I got a message saying it wasn't responding and that I should force close it. So I did, then my phone froze, so I turned it off. Now it won't turn back on, it gets to the black screen with Sony Ericsson wrote across it, stays like that, then goes black, then the Sony Ericsson reappears. My phone is totally useless, PC Companion can't find it, because I cant drag down the notification bar to put it into the correct mode. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Anonymous(anon)

Not sure if this will help as your problem appears to be caused by something different but its probably worth a try if you haven't already done so.

- Turn off the phone and remove the battery

- Wait for around 10 minutes or so (you may not have to wait this long but thats what I did after the software update went wrong for me)

- Reinstall the battery but don't turn the phone on

- Connect the phone to the mains charger and leave it charging.

My phone charged for a bit and then powered itself on. It stuck on the Sony Ericsson logo for ages so I just ignored it and eventualy it booted up.

Anonymous(anon)

Cheers, I'll try that now. I reinstalled the software twice this morning using SEUS, and nothing at all has changed, it still just gets to the Sony Ericsson screen then goes back and keeps doing that. When I've plugged the phone in to charge since, the phone just does the same

Anonymous(anon)

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Wasn't expecting it to work because I couldn't believe the battery had drained so fast, but it did. Cheers.:smileyhappy:

Anonymous(anon)

You're welcome :-)

Anonymous(anon)

I got the same problem.

Tried every step here (and the update service), but the update service (and pc companion) get stuck at about 1/5th of the installation every time. Every time at the same spot exactly and after 15 minutes or so it says that something went wrong and I have to try again.

So now I have a phone, that does not work at all.....

Anonymous(anon)

Hi all, I've got a R800i, and I'm experiencing quite the same issue. My phone (rooted) asked me to update the software, so it shutted down and began the update process, during the "extracting update files" (i called like that, there isn't a name i thugh that because of the picture) and suddently it shutted down again but without lighting up again. It only vibrates one time when i press the button. Nothing shows up, so i tried to flash the UK .TFT but the situation is the same. I can't even connect it in bootloader mode (back button when connecting USB cable), and if I simply connect it to my pc it disconnects after about 30 seconds, and then reconnects. I'm really frustrated, please help:smileycry:

*UPDATE*

I left the phone with the charger connected all the night long, and now when i try to light it up the red led flashes 3 times without vibrating.