Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play bricked by software update

I know what you mean, it tries to boot as soon as the USB cable is connected to the phone and something else (power outlet or computer), but 2 hours later it has not succeded, tried removing the battery as well and followed the advise in this thread so congratulations for getting yours to work =) I am happy for you, meanwhile I finally understand people that complain about technology

anybody know how to get the xperia play to factory settings now that it can't even boot?

Anonymous(anon)

yes, it was PC Companion that prompted me to do an update, about halfway through the phone shut down, I didn't think much of it because I thought it was part of the updating, the phone hasn't booted since

Anonymous(anon)

I tried updating the phone again, it failed for the 7:th time, I tried an eigth time, it worked... my xperia play now works again, go figure...

Anonymous(anon)

Any luck working out what happened?

My Xperia Play appears to be working fine now but I'm a little concerned I'll have the same problem next time PC Companion tells me there is an update.

Anonymous(anon)

Excellent :smileyhappy:

lets hope they work out what went wrong before they release another update, don't want to go through all that again

Trustee
Jeff

Hi,

Just so you know, we are following this closely, please keep me updated as to what happens.

Thanks!

Anonymous(anon)

hey i got the same problem !!! second day of the phone !! connected it to the system asked me for software update it did half way and now all i get is an EXCLAMATION MARK when i start the system !!!!!!

Anonymous(anon)

I think i will be holding off updating my phone, can not be done with the hassel hopefully it will be resolved soon.

It toke long enough for me to get PC Companion onto my pc, it would not install off the phone some stupid "The application mtpapp (process com.aricent.mtp) has stopped unexpectadly."  error i ended up having to download it directly to my pc :smileysad:. i just hope that error dose not pop up later to bite me in the ass :smileysilly:.

P.S. anyone know what the software update dose?

Anonymous(anon)

I have found that both before and after the update my Play has been very slow in navigating between homescreens and performing simple functions such as going back from messaging. On top of this my homescreen keeps crashing when I try and exit apps. Even for a new phone this is very dissapointing :smileysad:

Anonymous(anon)

i tried it all and it didnt work what to do