Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Play 2.3.4 Update 4.0.1.A.0.283

uliwooly-wooly,

Thanks so mcuh for the information.

I went on and read the update at the blog on Sony phone site.

Indeed they (Sony announce and confirmed that the whole family of Xperia will get upgrade to ICS :smileyhappy:

I saw many  users were estatic on hearing that, good reason to be. :smileyhappy:

Looking forward.

But Just hope that, rooted phone does't cause the phone to get bricked in the process when the time comes for upgrading to ICS :smileyhappy:

I am also keen to mod my phone to have Bravia Engine.  XDA  forum posted method to make " Xperia Play" to be  Bravia Engine capable.

But the method seems complicating  for my level of knowledge.

I actually roote dthe phone and unroot it back :smileyhappy:

As I find that, if  We are unsure about what can be remove from the root and what not to remove better not do it :smileyhappy:

However, the upgrade (at your own risk but many at xda forum comfirm that the method works) but the basic requirement is that, the phone first of all must be a rooted one.

Rooted but without unlock the bootloader can be found on xda forum.

There is an Automatic process  using a software written by a  contributor there :smileyhappy: They very expert in scripting. :smileyhappy:

Those must be hard core programmers. Really salute them.

I won't be suprise if they  (xda sony play forum) offer way and resources to update to PLAY to  ICS  before Sony offcially  does it.  :smileyhappy:

Like the Bravia Engine thing....... :smileyhappy: they are so dan good man. :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Anytime :smileyhappy:

Mr_Burns.png

Anonymous(anon)

I just purchased xperia play and checked the model n others, which are

Model: R800i

Android version: 2.3.4

Build number: 4.0.2.A.0.42

I also checked through PC companion and it shows that my phone is up to date. Is this firmware lattest and better than the currently installed. I have downloaded the firmware and installed flashtool as well. But just wanted to know that is it any better to try this firmware in your link. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

there is a new build number 4.0.2.A.0.58, as soon as I get the ftf file I'll upload it

Forum Legend
uliwooly

let me make it simpler

download the apk on your computer, send it to yourself through email, make sure you send it to your Gmail

now on your phone

go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

wait for the email, once  you get the email, open it, and instead of downloading the attachment it will allow you to install it, voila, done

Use one of these links to download the

Backup & Restore app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193802

or

http://www.elita-clan.com/downloads/backup_and_restore_v010935.apk

http://www.elita-clan.com/downloads/backup_and_restore_v010935.apkor
http://www.mediafire.com/?1n07llajeaoo03y

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

wow this seems easy... any requirements before I do this?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yes, go to this thread, watch the videos and enjoy :smileyhappy:

Xperia Play 2.3.4 minor update 4.0.2.A.0.62

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/29378

you can always "like" the thread(s)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

does this upgrade make x-play lose the games? cause i cant play the sims, madden, star battalion, and crash bandicot anymore.

Anonymous(anon)

No, the upgrade comes with a few more games besides.  The Bruce Lee game is rather fun, albeit in a Mortal Kombat kinda way.

The 2.3.4/4.0.x release is stable, works really well, and is a bit faster in response than the 2.3.3/3.x.

FlashTool can easily put it on your device.  2.3.4 IS NOT ROOTABLE!!!  So if you want root, don't load it on your device.

The only problems I had with it is that any of the face buttons on the phone will wake it up.  Major contributor to pocket dialing.  Any inbound calls will unlock the face of the phone.  Major problem if you ask me.  And there is an issue where you will make a call and the user on the end of the line will not hear you.  Particularly on the R800at's.

I'll not load it on mine.  I can't have it pocket dialing 911 on me, nor have communication issues.  My dealings with law enforcement and with critical, emergancy needs at home preclude my consideration for the 2.3.4.

If you want good fast interface and great game play - load it.  Otherwise my vote is don't do it.

Anonymous(anon)

Update: the 2.3.4 I loaded was for the R800i onto a R800at.  It works great as far as speed and most things android, but when it comes to the internet - forget it.  I tried all manner of APN settings and it was hit or miss.  Sometimes I would get 3Mb, sometimes I'd be lucky to get past 700k.  Usually I'm above 3M for my area.  Also missing was the H+ indicator, which tells me something isn't right.

Need a "pure" 2.3.4 for the R800at.  If anyone has one, please send me the link so I can download and try it.