Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

slimshaddy

Re: Xperia Play 2.3.4 Update 4.0.1.A.0.283

this is not root =D

this is flashing..

you dont require roo for flashing firmware..

also i have an xperia arc..and i have flashed with the same method but different ftf file..

xperia plays and arc's both have different firmwares ..yours is in the above link..

check it out..

and if any problem ask..

Anonymous(anon)

hi I have updated to 4.0.1.A.0.283 but I dont seem to have the new tools like 3d camra or flying widgets can anyone help ?

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

the Xperia Play does NOT have 3D sweep panorama

Anonymous(anon)

X10 and Xperia play same ?

a bit confusing here. Further this forum supposedly a formal officla website for SONY Experia.

Why SE never formerly  upload the upgrad software and allow us to do it properly via the auto update ?

Something doesn.t seems to be right here.

The original poster  do it his / her own way and share but not taking responsibilty if things goes wrong.

Its clearlyt stated as  only for SE Xperia X10 only ?

Yet, some of you are using it to update your firm ware  for Xperia Play ?

Can any Officlal from SONY Erisson verify if the guyide above is proper and official ?

If not, Can Sony Erisson upload the software so that the auto updater which we have installed  will automatically update our phone ?

It doesn't look very professional allowing  private person to guide others on a product offical site ?

If the guide is on a provate forum - then ok. at your own risk if you choose to go ahead.

BUT this one is  the official support forum for Sony Erisson Xperia Play phone  how can there be no officla software engineer to verify if its OK to proceed follow the poster's procedure ?

Come on - Sonyt Erisson. It cannot be this way right ?

Be professional in your support man.

many Thanks.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

the official sony ericsson methods are either PC companion or Update Service, this is another method, if you take the time to click on the link you will understand that Flashtool it's a third party way to flash/update your phone, and if you keep reading you'll know that Flashtool works with ALL Xperias, furthermore the firmware link will provide you with Xperia Play's firmware/software NOT the X10

Anonymous(anon)

HI Uliwooly-wooly,

Thanks alot for your great help to the community.

Not every one would be so software comfortable and can simply do it themself.

If something goes wrong in between it can cause alot of stress and problem for the owner.

So its best to let the auto update software to do everything automatically at least that way, its highly likely that the update officlaly done would go smoothly.

Inciddentally just a day after my post, I got an auto message from my auto update software after connecting up the phone to my PC, it went thru the process of auto update by the software system it self without we ourself  download firmware then go thru the tedious process of self manaul  updating. :smileyhappy:

Everything was automatically updated to 2.34

4.0.2.A.0.42

Thanks alot anyway - great help.

Sony Erisson listen and acted I guess.

save every owner the  effort and time to go thru the manual update using thrid party software update.

and not forgettiing the risk invoiles should things goes wrong.

Thanks SE and everyone. Hopefully  everyone manage to get their Play updated automatically and successfully.

Cheers.

Best Regards

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

I agree, this manual update works great, indeed it's tedious but it's worse when SE and Networks/carriers don't release the update right away. Sony Ericsson should release the Update Globally at the same time, and stop this "i" and "a" phones, if apple could do it, sony ericsson should do it better to release global phones.

it is embarrassing that the iPhone 4S has a camera sensor made by sony which its supposed to be the same as the one we have with the Arc and Ray and the iphone 4S can take amazing pictures w/o the over compressed issues, 1080p videos not 720p. ugh.

Anonymous(anon)

Is it real that Xperia Play doesn't have 3D sweep panorama? Really?

slimshaddy

yes:smileyalert:

Anonymous(anon)

Unfortunately I have the xperia play r800x, is there a possible way to use flashtool to put a generic firmware on my phone, or is the only generic firmware for the r800a and r800i