Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Touch Screen completely unresponsive.

So this morning I took my Xperia Play out of its charging dock, to find that the touch screen is now completely unresponsive.

I have tried updating and repairing the software through the PC companion, but the screen is still completely unresponsive. The phone is still (technically) working, and can be navigated by using the PS controls, but the touch part of the screen is not working.

Ive tried to hard-reset the phone to factory settings, but as I can only use the PS controls to navigate through screens, I cannot comfirm the final 'Reset' button which requires a touch confirm.

What can I do to fix my phone?

All help much appreciated.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

Re: Touch Screen completely unresponsive.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi,

Thanks for your response, however this has not fixed the issue.

I have re-installed the phone software but the screen is still non-touch responsive.

Any other ideas? :smileysilly:

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

I suggest taking the handset back to the place of purchase as they may be able to provide an alternative solution to the problem.

sony_logo126x24.gif

Anonymous(anon)

I had the same problem and it all started 2 weeks after i updated to the 2.33 update. Outta no where i would get my phone outta of my pocket and the touch screen would not work at all. But this is not a hardware issue becuase i could still control everything with the control pad and everything worked perfect. So it kept happening more and more often and the only way i would get it to work is if i turned off the phone and turned it back on but then it would freeze up again so i finnally decided to factory reset and that did not work so i took the battery out and sd card out and put them back in and then turned the phone back on and wierdly that helped alot it stopeed doing it for a couple of days so i thought it was fixed but then it struck again it froze but this time after playing wit it for a couple of minutes it worked but it just kept doing it and really was getting annoyed by this point so the last thing i tried was taking my screen protector off and guess what it hasnt become unresponsive in over a week its funially ok and im glad to cause i love this phone and if it didnt stop doin that i was goin to get the iphone. But if none of that works for u i would just try to wait til the 2.34 update because it obviously not a hardware issue if the phone works fine when u use the control pad. now if i would freeze and act wired when u were using the control pad then the would be something wrong wit the phone.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

what if you manually update to 2.3.4

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/119024#119024

Anonymous(anon)

I was able to find a solution. Hope you haven't sold your xperia play yet. I have the same problem since I have the latest software, updating is not the solution. I tried everything such as debrand & rebrand the software or firmware, formatted it several times, removed my screen protector & non of these worked. I was thinking to open it for my last resort but it's a big no because you will void the warranty of the phone and it has a complicated hardware structures. I don't trust other persons too that they can troubleshoot it. I bought it abroad so I can't give it back to the retailer.

My xperia play's screen wasn't working for month and one day, when I turned on my phone - usually I turn off my phone before I sleep - a part of the screen works and I was able to unlock it but minutes later the screen didn't respond again. So I come up with a solution and I tried turning off my phone for several days. 5 or 6 days without removing my sim and battery. I was surprised when turned it back on and it is working fine again. Now my xperia play still works well. Hope I helped some other guys out there having the same problem... No money spended..