Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Spare parts (volume buttons)?

Does anyone know where I can get a spare volume button set? I don't know what happened, or how, but my volume buttons fell off and are gone somewhere. It looks like it would be an easy fix if I could just order the buttons somewhere.

In the meantime, I downloaded a software solution (volume +), but it's pretty inconvinent to not have hardware volume controls.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Spare parts (volume buttons)?

How exactly did it come off?

Is it possible to take a photo? If is a fault with the phone manufacturing process you could be eligable for warranty.

In which case you will have to take the phone to a Sony Ericsson Service center or the place where you purchased the phone.

Unfortunately I can only find replacements for the outer casing and not the volume rocker.

Anonymous(anon)

I have no idea. I went to change the volume and the volume rocker just isn't there. I didn't drop it, had it in my pocket almost all day, remember the last time I used the volume successfully, and don't ever recal the volume rocker falling off. One second it was there, the other, GONE! Weird. I'll likely take it to the verizon center that I bought it at. It's probably still under warranty for parts.

Sony Xperia Support
Jake-SonyXperiaSupport

I would definately suggest that you take the handset back to place of purchase or to one of our repair agents as soon as possible.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Same thing has happened to me- Sony xperia centre tells me it is "not a common problem" despite these sort of posts elsewhere: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/717353, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1213241

and so the repair may be chargeable. And amazingly if you send it in and don't want it to be repaired it would cost £10.

Ironically I had just bought a Sony Vaio laptop because of the "build quality". Not so sure now.

One time poster
hunkyycbz

for neo v it costs around 150rs

One time poster
Denis97

is this an official problem because the exact same thing happened me ind its costing me 90 euro to fix

One time poster
MiroMiroOnTwall

Yep,   One minute it's there then gone.  I need that button pack if it's available. Great phone but I need that volume.