Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY; Microphone Volume

Hi,

Since purchase of the handset I've frequently been notified by friends that my phones output at there end is very low. Having been told this I've checked my microphones volumes via the Service Menu, only to find that the input volume is indeed very low, through both microphone 1 and 2. I've tested my speaker and earphone volumes and they are absolutely fine, so I'm naturally led to conclude that during the configuration process my microphone volumes have been set incorrectly.

My handset the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY - R800i. Provided through Virgin Mobile (UK), with every official and unofficial application updated. The provider isn't providing the best signal, but I'm able to roam onto other networks providing a sufficient quality signal - having used the Service Menu I can confirm that my service provider is not the issue, nor is my protective case as I have tested with it removed, yet still both microphones seem to have a very low input volume as they have since day one of purchase.

The Question; How can I change the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play's microphone input volume?

Regards,

Dr.Mongo

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY; Microphone Volume

I too have the same problem, I have recently updated my phones software connected to PC companion, and ever since my phones microphone has been really quiet to the receiver. Have you found a solution Dr.Mongo?

Regards