Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
HwaA18

Re: Root ALL SONY ERICSSON SMARTPHONE 2.3.2 AND UP!!!

that is true for both

Anonymous(anon)

guys, i'm getting crazy with this.

trying to get it to work for hours now.

installed pc companion, installed the drivers, installed the jdk, installed the android sdk, downloaded the adb drivers, enabled usb debugging.

and this unlocktool still says "Not find online device, please enable USB debugging"

what did i do wrong? what did i miss?

One time poster
HwaA18

try to reboot both computer and your phone and make sure it is supported http://www.unlockroot.com/unlockroot.php

Anonymous(anon)

well luckly it was just a windows error. windows didnt detect the device without running pc companion. the device was yellow in the device manager. so i said "install drivers automaticly" and now it finally works!

One time poster
HwaA18

ok.

One time poster
HwaA18

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/168949#168949

read the question, a lucky person may get 10 or 30 pts

Anonymous(anon)

who can tell that there is no malware or spyware involved in the pc program or the android part?

i mean sure, it worked, it rooted my phone. but what else did it do? we know nothing about it. the faq or guide on the website doesnt tell anything.

Anonymous(anon)

Can this rooting technique be used on the 4.0.2.A.0.62 version of xperia arc? I am searching for months on how to root my phone without unlocking the bootloader but to no avail

Forum Legend
uliwooly

How about changing the kernel then using superoneclick?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

hi I'm new here, and this will be my first post.. I just want to confirm, I have xperia play r800i 2.3.2

I want to root it, remove bloatwares then unroot my phone by doing an update.. once I update afterwards, no more bloatwares right? and still be able to update my phone...  Thank you all... Im completely new about this, but Ive been lurking in the thread for quite a while now..