Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Restart issues

Hi Guys

i have been looking around and have not found any definite help on this issue im having, i have a R800a PLAY on telecom in NZ and since the last update it has been reseting it self randomlly, sometimes if i try make a call, when i hit the ring button it resets, or sending a text when i hit send button it resets and sometime it will just do it when it wants, for example it is sitting here in front of me as i type this and i just watched it reset with out me touching it.

I have rung SONY NZ and they told me to do a repair on the update so i did and the phone cleared all data and went back to like it was out of the box, and im still getting this issue.

I dont want to unlock or root and do anything like that with this phone, i paid for this when it 1st came out so it was not cheap and last phone i played with in regards to open FW and such slowly packed in on me and now is just a paper weight, can someone from sony or a expert on here shead any light on this for me please.

Thanks guys

Tony

slimshaddy

Re: Restart issues

well since you have repaired your phone , last option will be to go to a service centre and get it checked..

if there's any hardware fault or anything which cant be reversed  and you have the proper bill with waranty , they should replce your handset for free.. ( do confirm this from them )

but wait for another user to repyl..

also just try this... remove your sim card and then play your games or do anything with your phone like you usually do..and see if it resets or not..

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

To be honest given the nature of the problem and what you have tried to fix it, repair is really the only option we have left unfortunately. Please ring Mobile Fone Rescue on 0800 021 222 and they will assist in arranging repair of your handset.

Anonymous(anon)

Hi Sam

thanks for the reply, its only 6months old and only done this since the update, to me this points to a bugs in the update, does this sound correct?

Thanks

Sony Xperia Support
Sony Xperia Support
Sam

I would not say a bug in the update itself, more likely that a problem occurred during the updating of your phone that has caused this issue.

Anonymous(anon)

ok this has not been answer, i now own 2, yes 2 xperia play phones and BOTH are restarting randomly, i have formated the SD card, i have done factory resets as well as a re install of the FW, sony has a problem with the update, surely a brand new phone right out of the box cant have the same hardware issue as a 6 month old phone,

whats going on Sony?????

Anonymous(anon)

Yes it is the update that is making the phone freeze like mine. I think Sony will be releasing an update to fix this.

Check this link out

http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/23/new-xperia-firmware-4-0-2-a-0-62-rolling-out-just-a-minor-updat...

You'll have to make do with the restart issues till next year January 2012 im afraid.

I am well peed off as well that is happening to my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play which sucks !

Sony need to get a grip !