Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Red light flashing, Xperia Play will not turn on.

I was checking my phone one morning when it asked me to update, after that a message popped up saying that for the next update the phone had to be turned off for about 5 minutes. It never turned on again after that.

I already posted a discussion notice about it not turning and the wonderful team member helped me and told me to flash my phone and try the updater. I've done both now and my phone is yet to turn on.

I believe the flashing must of done something as now the LED light on the power button flashes red when I hold down it. But it still does not turn on.

This has been really frustrating and the problem still continues to go on.

Now when I try pc companion update service and hold the back button and connect the phone my pc doesnt recognise the device. Same message pops up if I just plug my phone in normally.

*I've been using the phone 2-3 months before this happened

*I bought it online and cannot return

*I really need help.

One time poster
boyzrulz52

Re: Red light flashing, Xperia Play will not turn on.

i guess u must be having some battery issue, usually red light flahses when there is some battery issue. did u remove the battery keep it again and kept the mobile for charge before turning it on ?

Anonymous(anon)

When I tried that a backlight came on for about 5 seconds and then went back to its off position but now the red light is just continuously on not flashing.

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

simple question

does the LED turns orange/yellow/green when you connect it to the PC or Wall charger or Car charger ? if it doesn't then try a different USB cable and/or charger(s)

if the LED won't turn on after using different cables and/or chargers then it could be the battery

maybe you can go to a store that has that phone on display and ask them to borrow the battery for a few seconds to see if it turn on, if it does then obviously is the battery, if it doesn't

then there could be another hardware issue such as the

USB connector or motherboard on the phone itself

Anonymous(anon)

When i connect it the red light slowly flashes

Forum Legend
uliwooly-wooly

both the Wall charger and the PC?

Anonymous(anon)

yes

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you might have to send it in, sorry

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/contact?cc=gb&lc=en

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

oh okay, are they sony ericsson people set up in shopping centres or do i have to post it in

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you will have to contact them and ask the, who knows there might

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)