Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

How do I turn on the data network in Xperia Play 4g?

Hi, I recently bought the Xperia play 4g but seems to have trouble connecting 4g..  Can someone please tell me how to turn the 4g on so I could get access to the internet w/o having to use a wi-fi?  I encountered the same problem with my mom's Samsung Infuse but figured it out.  I just need to know how to turn the network data on in this thing, please help!!!  Thanks  ---lilc_77

Anonymous(anon)

Re: How do I turn on the data network in Xperia Play 4g?

Hi, I don't have the Xperia Play 4G but in my Arc you can turn on/off data settings in

Settings->Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks menu, there I have three settings

data, roaming and network mode that should also be on your phone and help you to solve the issue.

Anonymous(anon)

Under Wireless & Networks > Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Settings, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Settings, Tethering & Portable Hotspot, VPN Settings, & Mobile Networks.  Under Mobile Networks > Data enabled (which is checked), Data Roaming, & Access Point Names (which is set to ATT instead of Phone - it was set to phone but changed it hoping that it would solve my problem).

Anonymous(anon)

Ok, can you check if you have a "Setup Guide" application in your phone? If that is the case, can you

run it and check if the second step is related to "Internet Connection"? If that is the case, delete everything under Access Point Names and run the setup wizard again to obtain the correct settings.

It seems that your configuration might be faulty.

Anonymous(anon)

It does.  I resetted the Access Point Names to factory settings since it's the only thing I'm allowed to do & doesn't let me erase data.  The Network settings only talks about Wi-Fi which I'm already able to connect to.  I want to connect via HSPA+ so I can have internet anytime.  I also tried looking at the interactive tutorial that my provider provides me but with no help.  Doesn't tell me how to turn it on. 

Anonymous(anon)

That's kind of strange, my setup guide shows two options "wifi + mobile network" or just "wifi". Selecting the first option gives me access to the 3G network. I'm out of clues, maybe you should call ATT and see whether they can help you out?

Anonymous(anon)

lol....I will do that.  Thank you for trying to help me out anyways.  I appreciate it. -- lilc_77