Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Facebook Inside Xperia - Birthday & Event Sync

I have a problem with calendar sync with facebook on my xperia play, all the birthdays I've checked are one day off, but strangely other events are fine, I've tried deleting and re-sync, even factory reset and I'm still having this issue.

For example:

A birthday is on Sep 21, and in my calendar appears as it's on Sep 20

An event takes place on Sep 21, and in my calendar appears correctly on Sep 21

Anyone knows how to solve this? Or is this a fw bug?

Thanks in advance

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Facebook Inside Xperia - Birthday & Event Sync

I heard of some users having trouble with this.

What build number are you running on?

Menu > Settings > About phone > Build number.

Have you checked that your time zone settings in the phone is correct?

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Hello

I have build 4.0.A.2.368, and I checked time zone settings and they are also okay (GMT -5 Daylight saving time)

Is there anything else I can check or do?

Community Manager
Johan

There's actually a new software rolling out, so you could await and try to update to that one. See if that might fix it.

As I said I've heard of other users having similar problems so I'm investigating this as we speak, but check if the latest software might correct this for you.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same problem with my ARC @ 2.3.4 (4.0.2.A.0.42). All FB birthdays appear one day before in the calendar.

Anonymous(anon)

I got a similar problem, all events are 8 hours off.

Update center says: All apps are the latest version.

Looks like a timezone issue to me.

Any ideas ?

Anonymous(anon)

I saw similar problems in other posts and they are present even when the TZ is changed. As a workaround you can sync your events/birthdays to your google calendar. There an issue with that as well in which your events won't have a title/subject. But the birthdays work fine.

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue. Please fix it, it is driving me nuts. I had to hide all the events!

Anonymous(anon)

I saw many problems but no one solution and still have the same problem. I think it's time to Sony review your software. Many users are having the same problem.

SaltWater

I had the same problem with Sony Live With Walkman, and I have fixed myself, some informations about it on my web site: http://carlosvgonzalez.site44.com/blog/sony-xperia-ics-41b0587.htm

I have fixed it for GMT 0 Zones, Lisbon/London, but I can help you with other zones, if you need.