Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Can't connect PCs with my WiFi hotspot

Upon activating the WiFi hotspot on my xperia play stock .42

My pc don't have an internet connection with both vista 32bit and windows7 64bit. I don't have any issue using the hotspot on my xperia mini. I would appreciate it if someone would shed a light on this.

gwhispererz

Re: Can't connect PCs with my WiFi hotspot

Hi, when you wrote 'My pc don't have an internet connection', do you mean PC not able to connect or see the Wi-Fi hotspot network?

Can you try with other PC/Laptop (although you have already tried 2).

Anonymous(anon)

The pcs were able to connect with the hotspot of the phone but there's no internet connection.

gwhispererz

What is the Wi-Fi hotspot security configuration? Did you try by selecting Open?

The other option is to update phone as yours is still running on .42.

Anonymous(anon)

I've tried both wpa2 and open.

Checked through pc companion and says that my phone software is up to date.

gwhispererz

In that case, see if software repair using PC Companion resolves this issue.

PC Companion will prompt you that phone software is up to date, just continue to repair software.

Be aware that this process will erase phone data completely.

Keep us updated.

Anonymous(anon)

Yes, I've done the software twice already. But had the same result that's why I've posted it here. At first I suspected the network carrier but that disproves it, for my mini's hotspot is working with the same sim inserted.

gwhispererz

Can't think of anything else .... you may want to send phone to your local Service Centre for check, not sure if it is hardware related.

Anonymous(anon)

Just to be clear, I can browse the internet using data enabled. My problem lies in sharing it via WiFi hotspot. Also, when using USB tethering, again there's no internet connection.

Oh well,

I guess i'll wait for the ICS update to see if it will work there, before sending it off to a nearest Sony service center.

gwhispererz

Yes, clear with your situation .... but don't have any more advices for you since even a software repair didn't help.

Hopefully ICS can resolve this issue.