Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Calling screen goes blank during call

Anyone having problems with calls? Whenerver i receive a call or make one, the screen goes blank and i can't see the call time, who it is and the screen becomes none responsive and won't light up to let me finish call. Then when other person hangs up, i can't see anything on the screen for a good ten mins. is it settings? can anyone shed any light on this?
Anonymous(anon)

Re: Calling screen goes blank during call

I'm also having these issues.  It's a real pain, especially when I try to access my voice mail.  Have you had any joy on finding out what the issue is?  :smileyconfused:

Anonymous(anon)

Odd, I haven`t had that problem with my phone, screen goes blank when I put it near my ear but thats something it is supposed to do to prevent accidental screen presses, it always comes back on when I take it away from my ear.

Anonymous(anon)

I had this same problem. I was talking for a long time and then I couldn't disconnect the call because the screen was black, not responsive. But by chance I found what's happening and how to deal with it. If you are talking just for a short time problem might be with the small square window on your front screen on the right top just above sign Sony Ericsson. Sometimes it's enough to tap on it and then your screen will turn back on - that window is responsible for switching your screen down when youi hold it next to your ear - when you take phone of your ear then screen should light back on. If it won't happened then do as I said - tap that square window once or twice and it should woprk. If not, there is annother thing - evn when you talk or you finished talking and your screen remains black then press the switch off botton on the top of your mobile - do as you would like to lock your phone or unlock - you will not finish the call or switch your ohone off but you will simply unlock your screen which probably was blocked because of not using it while talking - it always works...

Sorry for my english - hopefully its understandable :smileyhappy:...

Anonymous(anon)

I have the same issue,

no matter how long I am on the call the screen goes completely black and it can take upwards of a minute for the screen to come back on, now matter what buttons I press. I cant even end the call!!!

This is deffo something wrong with the phone and desperately needs sorting or else I am taking it back early next week.

Luke

Anonymous(anon)

I have solved my problem!  If you have the screen protector (sticker thingy) on the phone, take it off! It solved my issue.  There is a sensor thing just above the 'sony ericsson' at the top of the phone, for some reason the protector stops this working.  Took mine off 2 days ago, no problems since then!

Anonymous(anon)

I had the same problem and took off my screen protector and (fingers crossed) seems to have sorted it!

Anonymous(anon)

I have now found these - screen protectors with cut outs round the sensor area, works a treat :smileyhappy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Screen-Protector-SONY-ERICSSON-Xperia-Play-R800i-UK-/250873265594?pt=UK_Co...

Anonymous(anon)

nuts517 - I fall at your feet in gratitude :smileylaugh:

How stupid though, since the protection was shipped with the phone :smileyhappy: Anyways it saves me from sending in a perfectly working phone!!

THANK YOU!

By the way, slimshaddy gave a service string in this thread  http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/144129#144129  that helps to check hardware for errors:

I quote:

"dialing *#*#7378423#*#*

then select service test , proximity switch

move your hands over it and see , it should make a sound in the test.."

Master
slimshaddy

:smileywink: