Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

video call

Accepted Solution Solved
One time poster
Accepted Solution

video call

how can make video call from xperia P

please inform me

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎2015-08-28 01:23 AM
One time poster

Re: video call

You can use apps from play store like Gtalk or Skype.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous

Video call on xperia P by internet

Hello, I just bought Sony xperia P recently. Seem the device not support 3g video call BUT... can do video call right?

My problem now is, by using Tango or Skype, I can do make a calls.. But for video call, I only can view the incoming  call video.. but my video not shown at the other one. the person I call only receive black screen but I can see his face.

My question is it any else setting for do video call by internet for this phone?

Anonymous

Re: Video call on xperia P by internet

can anyone help me pls? how about ither xoeria nxt series???

Trustee

There's unfortunately no native support for video calling so you will need a 3rd party app like e.g. Skype for this to work.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Visitor

Thanks for deleting my post

I really appreciate that!

:thumbs up:

I will say It once more

Many other Companies Support Network Video Calling even If Android natively doesn't support It by providing their own video call optimised dialers.

(examples Iconia Smart, Optimus 2x, Galaxy S series, etc)

You can release an update that will enable users to perform/place Network Based Video Calls with your own Xperia Optimised Dialer.

Elite

there are other threads on the same topic, your threads is still there, Andorid doesn't support this, neither iOS nor windows mobile 7/7.5. samsung does support this on specific markets and few of their phones, Optimus 2x doesnt

if you find other phone that does pleease share it with us

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor

Dear uliwooly,

Acer Iconia Smart supports Video Calling (European model)

Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy SII  supports Video Calling (European model)

(I didn't buy the SIII because I have the Galaxy Nexus and recently bought Xperia S and Xperia P)

also 100% LG Optimus 2X Supports Video Calling (European model)

I know so, because I have those units!

AND I can post screenshots In case you still have doubts!

Thank you for elaborating on this Interesting topic! smile cool

and Sorry if the thread is Intact my bad then...

but I have answered here days ago and my post is gone...

Elite

it seems that you need a different phone, many users asked for this since the 2010 Xperias, and it hasn't being added and most likely it won't, as I recall Sony is trying to emulate the apple model and if that's true they won't add old technology as videocall over 3G can't compare with HD video call on skype. that's my opinion

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor

Thanks uliwooly for the heads up!:smileywink:

It's really bad that Sony seems to be following the same steps of Apple (and Motorola also)... sad

Whilst In the States (I was there for a while), Network Video Calling is something 'Exotic' and not as Common, In Europe pretty much the Majority of Carriers offer this Service for many years now!

I will repeat my self once more (hoping that someone of the staff will forward this) It's a terrible thing not to offer and support standard services as such, and If time, programming and research is too much for the engineering team then the easy way is to Include with the bundled applications a separate dialer with ability to place Network Based Video Calling!

I agree with you and surely HD Video Call and Skype/Tango/Qik maybe superrior in quality (I use Skype and Gtalk)

but (for Sony) there are some parameters that are worth mentioning If not taken into account

A. For some people words like Skype/Tango etc maybe exotic (due to tech ignorance)

B. For some people data plan maybe not an option (Increased monthly costs)

C. And for others the ease of dialing a number and presto/voila Video Call(!)

Just my 2 €uro-cents

Elite

I've asked this before and so far no one has pointed me on the right direction perhaps there's a website where it shows which countries support this and which networks. Data plan here in the US it's common its a must with a smartphone. if you have skype you can have it so whenever you dial a person you can use skype instead of a regular call (you can have a pop up with both options) or you can use google voice or Gtalk, gtalk it's fully integrated smile happy