Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Ravisiriwardane

Unable to connect Xperia P to PC via USB cable

Hi all! I am using a SONY Xperia P smartphone and I am having trouble connecting it to my PC. The phone is being detected by the computer as a still camera and not as an external storage device. The phone is not being detected by the PC companion software too. Badly need some help and advise on this issue.

Thanking you in advance,

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Unable to connect Xperia P to PC via USB cable

turn off your phone > press and hold the volume down key > connect the USB cable to your phone and pc > keep holding the volume down key

this will make your PC look for the required drivers

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

alexdon

do what uli said,and if it doesn't work,check if the phone folder option is to be viewed as folder or just pictures.and alsoso install pc companion,it should detect the phone.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
One time poster
Ravisiriwardane

Thanks for all the replies. Where do I find the phone folder option.:smileyconfused:

alexdon

when you connect a new hardware or usb,you should get a popup window where windows asks you how do you want your new memory to be seen.there you chose open folder to view files,not camera and pictures or music.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien