Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
kocinela

UNABLE TO UPDATE experia P (LT22) on windows 8

Hi, first of all I cannot use any other computer than my WINDOWS 8.

I connect, install companion, start the update and at the moment I should disconnect, hold the volume down button and reconnect.... I just get to charging mode and my USB driver is not recognised.

I checked some forums and already the the "USB driver signature turned off", I am getting a bit desparate here and since I am the milionth one to ask the same question over the internet, maybe there should be some proper update from experia.

Heeelp, I have vasted hours of my sleep time to do something, that should be totally trivial...

Big THANK YOU to anyone, who can help.

Ludmila

Apprentice
MoBi

Re: UNABLE TO UPDATE experia P (LT22) on windows 8

l have the same problem on windows 8.1 but in Windows 8 It worked fine. You can try on another operation system.

You can disconnect your phone then uninstall and reinstall Pc companion. then try again.
For me. Use Sony Update Service have fast download update than companion.
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: UNABLE TO UPDATE experia P (LT22) on windows 8

This should help you

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/PC-Mac-Software/PC-suddenly-not-recognising-Xperia-Go/m-p/375575#M287

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)