Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Greenhorn
Deepankar

Sony Xperia P has 1305mAh battery and the problem is the phone did not last for more than 5 hours !!!

I bought a sony xperia P it has been 2 days since now (the time i am writing this post). i am facing huge problems with the phones battery 1305mAh is not enough when i am using the phone for various purposes. it lasted for 5hrs and the charge was at 15% in the notification.

these are all the things that i was using on my phone.

1. 2G always on

2. facebook messenger always on.

3. facebook always on

4. google talk always on

5. gmail used for .5 hour.

6. skype for an hour with video.

7. calls for 2hrs

8. google play downloaded and browsed apps for 1hr.

9. dolphin browser HD used for .5hrs

10. screen brightness at whitemagic power saver mode auto.

with all this my xperia P battery was drained to a mere 15% in 5hrs. this is very very bad and i dont appreciate what sony has done !!!

i need a solution on this we all do who are using xperia P and facing battery problem cause of such low spec 1305mAh battery.

1. will sony service center replace the battery for a new high spec one ? (this is a request and my point to put up) for the investement i and all of you have done on this phone.

2. will there be a software upgrade for android 2.3.7 an addon to enhance battery life of the phone ?

3. will ICS update solve this problem ?

please do pour in your comments and especially from the "sony officials" who also know that there is indeed a battery problem with Xperia P !!!

thanks in advance :smileyhappy: 

Hi to all present in the discussion,

I have some results which i have collected from the phone sony xperia P please do advice i want to know if there is a problem with my phone internal hardware or the OS or the battery please do advice on this i will attach the screen shots below.

I see the above results are shocking and i have my doubts the last charge was 22hrs back and the last battery charge is 27%

screenshot_2012-07-06_1109.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1109_1.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1109_2.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1110.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1110_1.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1110_2.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1110_3.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1111.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1111_1.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1111_2.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1111_3.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1112.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1112_1.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1112_2.png

screenshot_2012-07-06_1116.png

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Sony Xperia P has 1305mAh battery and the problem is the phone did not last for more than 5 hours !!!

to help you a lot better

charge your phone 100% > use it as you normally would > once it gets to 10% go to

settings > about phone > battery use > take screenshots of this list (the whole list) tap on each item and take screenshots, and also of the graph and post it all here

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
mahdz

Re: Sony Xperia P has 1305mAh battery and the problem is the phone did not last for more than 5 hours !!!

Uliwooly you can practically tell that he used his phone heavily for 5 hours,i doubt anyphone will stand up to continous heavy usage!

The phone has 6hrs of talktime rated and he made 2hrs of just calls plus 1hour of skype(that sucks power like anything!) Then 2 hours of browsing,i mean you dont need a Phd to figure it out!

The heavy browsing and constant syncing will definitely drain the battery this quicky,no surprises!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I know, but it'll be great if he realize how much power each app has drained

some users are expecting the battery life of a non-smartphone

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I agree with mahdz. Browsing sucks the battery. Its a smartphone guys and smartphone needs more power to run.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

even more so if the website has a lot of animation/flash or videos

Anonymous(anon)

I too have such issues but not anywhere close to your usage pattern..

personally i feel Mcafee and Big font

take a lot of charge....uninstallation advised

i assume you are from India therefore you can buy this, you have my word for its usefullness.
http://www.sony.co.in/product/cp-els

Trustee
Markus

A new phone will need to be used for some time before the battery reaches its full performance. I guess you can compare it to a car engine, it improves. :smileyhappy:

That usage is however pretty heavy and even though I think you should expect better after using the phone for a while, you should not expect extreme improvement when using the phone this heavy.

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

is it related to battery conditioning (phone adapting to usage patterns)...because common logic says that they stamina of a battery gets lower with usage..

One time poster
mahdz

You shouldnt have charged/connected phone to pc via usb ,for a better judgement of how low the battery got at the end of 22 hours.

You should also post screenshots of programs running setting>apps>running, bacause from what i can see you have many running!

Just as a tip i really dont find the need of running an antivirus(i dont have one running),and i also see you have an intensive live wallpaper running(which i am a fan of too)

The battery is fine in my opinion ,your usage is just intensive thats all,i do really wish they had a bigger battery built in or a removable one(i really like the Xperia p and i may upgrade from my Ray to it)