Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
lucaskoh

How to usb USB OTG for Xperia P?

How to use OTG?

Need any apps or driver to installed in order to use it?
I saw a shop selling otg, i tried it before i buy it.
When i plugged in the OTG to my phone and to a USB flash drive, nothings happen.
NOt even a notification.
Help please?
Thanks

One time poster
nabendu

Re: How to usb USB OTG for Xperia P?

the xperia nxt series natively supports the usb on the go features !! all u need to do is buy a compatible cable and connect the usb stich to the usb port and connect the other end to the phone !! if any drivers are required they should get installed automatically !! a notification light will indicate the usb is connected or else the usb light will indicate the date transfer !! go to settings->storage and it will show the available space in the pen drive !! i guess the otg cable wasnt compatible with the xperia phones or the otg cable itself might be  a faulty piece

One time poster
lucaskoh

Maybe the cable is not compatible
Only Sony OTG is compatible?

One time poster
rakeshgoyal1971@yahoo.co.in

I am having the same problem. Cannot find a compatible OTG cable at any shop. Tried a lot in different shops but no one detects a pen drive. Where can I buy a compatible OTG cable?

One time poster
girish.kn

Buy online. I bought below otg cable from ebay and it is working very well with my Xperia P. Could connect usb flash drive, mouse, keyboard, etc

http://www.ebay.in/itm/261062636437?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

One time poster
vrij

I bought the same item Girish and it works perfectly.

PS: I had ordered another one from another seller, but it was not compatible with my X-P.

One time poster
asad.yousufi

I have the same issue, I fixed that, it was because of the Mcafee mobile security, if you remember the PIN, just go to

Settings-->Security-->Device Administrators

Uncheck the Mcafee, it will lock that phone, unlock it with your PIN, then restart the phone. Now try to connect the phone again, it should work.

Please mark answer if it works.

Sumeet_Xperia_P

I bought the same from the link given but its still not working... also the USBN tethering option in settings is grey and can not checked...

One time poster
basel.homs

you must format flash memory to ntfs then it work

Miltos95

It detects only FAT32. It requires a mod for NTFS to work.

You need a USB OTG Cable, the Nokia CA-157 seem to do his job on the video bellow.
Take a look here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJf5YZhuKF8