Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
thomasthevary

Hello guys - my sony xperia -p is not working!!! its restarting continuously!

hello guys,

from yesterday evening my xperia - p is not working!! its constantly trying to restart. it will show XPERIA on the screen and after two seconds it will again restart , this is happening like an infinite loop!!. the notification led is blinking in red colour for some time and it goes and it will show green. as per directions found in sony support forum i have tried to start the phone in safe mode pressing power key + volume up key+ menu , but the phone was not going in to safe mode , the only thing happening is continuous restart. somehow by pressing (power button +volume up+ home key) i guess,  managed to switch off the phone.

Guys i need your help.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Hello guys - my sony xperia -p is not working!!! its restarting continuously!

repair it with SUS

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
thomasthevary

Re: Hello guys - my sony xperia -p is not working!!! its restarting continuously!

hi ,

thankyou for the answer. i have tried to connect my phone to a laptop, but the problem is that its not getting detected. the laptop is giving notification sounds like plugging in and out frequently . so how can i do this as u recomend.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

install SUS > restart your PC > turn off your firewall and antivirus > turn off your phone > press and hold the volume down key then connect your phone to your pc > it should start downloading the drivers

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
thomasthevary

i wiil try this and will let you know the result.

thankyou.

One time poster
freerunner

I have exactly the same problem, it will say xperia then my phone network, then it reboots infinitely, until the battery runs out.

Does anyone know if there is some way to factory reset my phone, without having to use my phone settings or connecting to a computer. as my xperia p boots too quick for my computer to register it.

maybe something like (power button + volume up) in a special combination or something?

If anyone can help it would mean allot

THANK YOU

Gie
One time poster
Gie

did you see post by uliwooly ??

One time poster
Gaurav8180

please eloborate your problem so i would be able to help you, have you done something new to your phone like flashing new kernel or rooting it or something like this??

press power down+ volume up key simultaneously . first it will vibrate once, keep pressing the buttons until it vibrates three times again after vibrating once. total 4 vibrations. this will completely shut down your device. then let it be, dont try to restart it untill you get to know the reason why it is restarting persistently.:smileyhappy:

hope it helps you:smileyhappy:

One time poster
theramchu

Hi,

A wrong pattern had been given many times and so i was asked to sign in with my gmail account. Since i did not have the data connection activated, i thought of restarting the device. From then the phone kept on restarting. Fortunately i was able to power it down. Now I am unable to do any thing.

Any help will be greately appreciated

One time poster
freerunner

:smileyplain: