Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Shimmy

Complete Phone Fail after 6.2.A.0.400 update.

I have also posted this question    http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/124732?start=1020&tstart=0#     here. Need to get a response fast on this.

I now have two Xperia P Alarm Clocks! Because that is about the only feature that still works after the JellyBean update.

Every time I make or receive a call the phone app crashes. I can't use Google Talk or ICQ. Web access is intermittant. I get random restarts/shutdowns. NFC no longer works.

Two phones are doing approximately the same thing.

I installed the update through Sony PC Companion (which is where I found out that the update existed).

I have done the Recovery through the PC Companion also. No change.

What do I do now? I like Jelly Bean but I don't care enough to have a Jelly Bean Brick.

How can I get a JellyBean update that works or revert to ICS?

eami

Re: Complete Phone Fail after 6.2.A.0.400 update.

have you tried to do a factory reset?

One time poster
Shimmy

Yes, same result.

mithun_xperiap

How did u update your phone ! DID the update happen properly it seems there is some issue with the instalation. I would advice you to Reinstall JB using SUS or PCC(Prefferably SUS) wait for some time let the device setle down,Once done do a factory Reset..!

Hope it helps.

One time poster
Shimmy

What is SUS? I used PC Companion.

Installation went fine. and then did the recovery option to run it again.

mithun_xperiap

SUS - http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/update-service/

Try Updating thru sus , backup all your data and make sure u DO A FACTORY RESET after instalation and i guess yiour problem will be resolved for sure.

Do let us know abt ur device status.

One time poster
Shimmy

Ok, have done the update on one of my two phones.

Had one call come in just after I rebooted but before I did the factory reset. It crashed.

Factory reset done and so far no crashes on phone calls. Hooray.

So far I haven't tested anything else because I can't log into the play store to get my apps and it won't download my carrier settings... working on that now.

One time poster
Shimmy

Update.

Phone #1 (that i've been doing all my testing)

If I DON'T sign in to my google account or if I deny internet access to the phone it works fine after a factory reset.

If it gets access to the google account and auto-downloads updates to the standard suite of pre-installed apps everything appears to go fine until I make a call. Then I get the message com.android.phone has stopped working.

I have repeated this several times in the last 24 hours.

Phone #2

Seems to work ok after the factory reset but has a continuous beeping quietly in the earpiece.

One time poster
Shimmy

Update:

I'm zeroing in on the cause of these crashes.

Since I do this testing late at night, all my test calls are between my two mobile phones and my home phone.

Both those numbers are in my google account's contacts.

Last night I was able to call someone else's number when I would have expected it to fail but it didn't.

That number isn't in my contacts.

To check, I deleted my own numbers from my contacts and called them and it worked ok.

I then recreated the contact step by step calling each time I added data.

It only started crashing again after adding a photo to the contact.

i'm now going to do some more testing to see if I can duplicate the exact conditions in a different set of contacts.