Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
kunaaal_singh

Does Xperia P will get jelly bean 4.2 or 4.3 update

Presently my Sony xperia p having 4.1 jelly bean android version can my phone upgrade to 4.2 or 4.3 jelly bean versions.

Also going is going to launch android kitkat can i upgrade my phone to kitkat or not.

alexdon

Re: Does Xperia P will get jelly bean 4.2 or 4.3 update

For now,nothing is for sure.We have to wait and see if Xperia P will be aproved other updates.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Rookie
Deepankar

Re: Does Xperia P will get jelly bean 4.2 or 4.3 update

Hi,

Am waiting for the same 4.2 Update !!! :smileyconfused:

Visitor
sandro8971

Update Jelly Bean 4.2 o 4.3 for Xperia P?

Goodmorning

I'm a new owner of a fantastic Xperia P Silver .... but very disappointed discovering that it's not possible to make video calls (3G) ... I was thinking: why doesn't Sony include this option? How could it be possibile that my old Nokia 5800 could do video calls? Why do most Samsung phones have this option?

It's not a serios policy of Sony ... is it a matter of software or hardware?

Probably with a new update 4.1.2 (4.2 or 4.3) they could include this option!!!!

Please Sony don't forget us!!!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Update Jelly Bean 4.2 o 4.3 for Xperia P?

[ Edited ]

video calls over 3G its not native on android, Samsung has added this feature in certain markets, it has been requested before but I hardly doubt it will be added as its old technology, just my 2 cents. 

Also there isn't any info on the Xperia P getting any future major updates, with that said, perhaps Sony will surprise us and announce that the NXT series will get 4.3 but I hardly doubt it 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
sandro8971

Thanks for your answer ... I live in Italy and many Samsung devices have native video calling on 3g ... I choose to buy Sony to be different with all those who buy Apple and Samsung!!! ...and after all this my Xperia P has nothing less than Samsung Advance S o Apple 4S so Sony must give us at least what other devices have.

It's not a matter of 4.2 or 4.3 or 4.4, I don't care about the version of Android but I'll like to have at least video calls on 3G 

Forum Legend
uliwooly

if native video call its a must, you might need a samsung phone. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

alexdon

It is hard to believe we will get 4.3 update,I think we will only get a firmware update to fix as many bugs as can be fixed...

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
Visitor
RubinOwnz

Any news about 4.4 KitKat on our Xperia P?

Just wondering, since KitKat only requires 512mb of RAM, we should get it without a problem and it would give us a better experience with our phone overall. Can we have any news about the release date or something?

alexdon

Re: Any news about 4.4 KitKat on our Xperia P?

As far as we know,we will not get even 4.3 update for Xperia P.As for the 4.4,it is less probable.But check regularly the sony blog for news.