Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Sparks

Best antivirus for Sony xperia P

Hi Folks,

Suggest good antivirus for android phone? I am asking about free version.

Please share your experience with the best free android apps!

Commissioner
Sagar

Re: Best antivirus for Sony xperia P

Seriously speaking for Andriod devices you don't need antivirus at all. All the apps in Paly store are virus free and besides these Antiviruses kills a lot of battery.. I personally don't use them.

Enthusiast
vinish

But sagar i heard that todays hackers are more powerful and since the applications do come with ad which contains malware which can access our private info. also wince i use mobile banking ifeel it is safe to use an antivirus

hence i bought kaspersky from google store. so far i didnt face any problems. and battery too doing normal as before.and recnetly when i was downloading  a game from google store i got a pop up from kaspersky that it contains malware.:smileyhappy:and it helped me remove it  

Enthusiast
vinish

i suggest you to buy one. i personally like kaspersky mobile security.whe nwe spend around 25k for a smartphone why not spnd 500rs extra to protect it?:smileyhappy:

Master
nolramlb

why do you need an antivrus for android for?

Most Android anti-virus products don't work, tests find

these app can cause unwanted "side effects" .. :smileyhappy:

Master
nolramlb

One time poster
nabendu

dude unless u buy to many third party apps the chances of virus are almost nil !! all antivirus can cause ur phone to behave erraneously and might lower ur battery life !! however if u insist on an anti virus i guess avast is a safe bet as it provides many features includign anti theft and is also highly rated one !i personally would nt prefer installing a anti virus though

Forum Legend
uliwooly

As you can read above, mcafee and other antivirus create a LOT of issues, just like taskillers, not to mention that they drain your battery and have access to your personal data.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
vinish

Of the 41 products, only seven scanners, from Avast, F-Secure, Lookout, Kaspersky, Ikarus, Dr. Web and Zoner, detected more than 90 percent of Android malware. Taking these products as well as those from the second tier, AV-Test said "you can trustfully choose from at least 17 products to protect your Android device."

i have picked this from the link u have posted.i think u have the answer....

Forum Legend
uliwooly

check your battery life, connectivity issues, etc

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)