Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)
Accepted Solution

Android Market disappeared !!!

Hey there, I have got my Xperia Pro only a couple of weeks ago, I accessed the Android Market only once and it was working fine. after a week or so it disapperead from the phone :smileyshocked: I tried re-downloading it from the web but in vain..I have now downloaded a version of the Market I found on a blog but I cant access it as an error appeares saying that I must get a root permission (no idea what that means) Now I am so frustrated :smileysad:

Help Plz !!! where has the Market gone and how and from where can I get it back ??!!

gwhispererz

Re: Android Market disappeared !!!

Hi, first of all, uninstall the one that you have downloaded from the web.

Reboot phone and check again, make sure phone is connected to Wi-Fi or Mobile Data Network.

If still nothing, goto Settings>Applications>Manage applications, search for Market, tap Clear data and then exit.

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks. ok web downloaded version uninstalled, phone reboot done, still cant find it went to Settings>Applications>Manage application and I only have Market Feedback Agent and Market Updater tabs , no Market tab !!! what should I do

gwhispererz

I have the feeling that it has already been updated. Goto app drawer, search for Play Store (new icon and name).

Anonymous(anon)

Play Store found, is that the same application? has the Market been replaced with this app?

gwhispererz

Yes, that is the new icon and name after the update.

Anonymous(anon)

Ok thanks alot you have been very helpful :smileyhappy:

gwhispererz

No problem .... :smileyhappy: