Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Advicer
Nufan

Re: missing of app to sd features

As Cot88 already mentioned, moving Apps to SD in Jelly Bean is only possible with a rooted phone and then using the App Link2SD.

Is there anybody here who already tried this with his Xperia M and can tell if performance of transfered apps is the same as if they were on internal memory? Did you encounter any problems while setting up Link2SD?

One time poster
7lucky7

Re: missing of app to sd features

mine is rooted but link2sd says:

"app2sd is not supported by your device.  Because your device has a primary external storage which is emulated from the internal storage.  You can link the app in order to move its files to your SD card"

i dont know how to over come this.  Its the same with system and user apps

Dusan

Moving app from phone memory to SD Card

Is there any way to move app from phone memory to SD card.I checked my warranty agreement and if i root it i will lose my warranty so solution with rooting is not a option for me.

Novice
Vijith

Re: Moving app from phone memory to SD Card

I believe there is no other way than to root your device and rooting will definitely void the warranty. I have tried various apps like apps2sd but none of those work.

Greenhorn
androidmaster

Jelly Bean does not support application to sdcard. Otherwise root and create a 2nd partition and use Link2SD.

Dusan

My buddy have Huawei Y300 which works on Android 4.1,and he can move apps to sd card without problem.So i quess its not Android 4.1 problem

Enthusiast
SP1790

Why sony doesn't do anything about application move to SD.

Xolo A500s work on jelly bean and it support Application 'app to SD' & also HTC have inbuilt move app to sd function.

One time poster
ashishkumar

how to save apps to sd card xperia m

as u already read , I want to save my apps to sd card for which dere is no option in d setttings menu
Inhabitant
Vijith333

Re: how to save apps to sd card xperia m

U can't save apps to sd card unless you root your device which voids the warranty.
Demigod
shihstouch

Re: how to save apps to sd card xperia m

In Jelly Bean Sony Remove the option Move Apps To SD Card, so no longer you can use it...

You need to Flash this may void your warranty...