Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Vinodh1989

Xperia L (C1204) mobile switches off randomly

Hi I have bought an Xperia L(C1204) model mobile three weeks back. Everything looked good till three days back. Now, my mobile TURNS OFF by itself twice in a day. i.e., though I have battery of 90%, it turns off by itself without I do it. It is not re-booting, it just goes off and I need to manually turn it ON.

I tried Factory Reset once, but of no use. Still I face the same issue.

Could you please help me know what could be the problem and what I should do to ensure the problem is not aggrevating?

Thanks in advance.

Trustee
Henke

Re: Xperia L (C1204) mobile switches off randomly

Have you tried to do a repair of the phone software?

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Before starting the repair, create a backup of your material.

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

One time poster
Swethachandra_D

Will the proposed solution of repairing the phone software help in fixing this?

I am facing the same problem.

One time poster
Vinodh1990

Hi Henke,

Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for a late reply.

I actually tried to repair the phone and it worked well for a week now. But today i face the same issue again.It got switched off by itself twice. FYI, it is just one month old. I havent installed much apps. Very few apps like, Axis Bank, Whatsapp and flipboard and archery are the four apps i installed other than those came pre-installed.

Could you please, help me out on this issue.

Thanks a ton in advance.

One time poster
Vinodh1990

Hi Swetha,

You can try repairing it. It should work fine as Henke said.

But i am facing this issue once again.

Post your updates, after trying that out.

One time poster
Manav

Hi Vinodh,

I am also facing the exact same issue as you.

Had given the phone at service center and they gave back to me saying it was software issue and they have done some updates and it will work fine now. But again I am facing same issue, one more observation i found is once i got switched off in front of me as soon as I plugged in the headsets in the phone slots so I am guessing it might be a hardware issue with the phone. Contacted customer care and they again advised me to tell the issue to service center folks.

Please let me know if you get the issue resolved somehow and also do you have any idea about the exchange policy of Sony mobiles, whether we can exchange the phone if it continues to misbehave?

One time poster
Vinodh1990

Hi Manav,

I am not facing the issue as you do. But once i witnessed my mobile turning off, when i was playing a game in it.

But this, 'Repair' option helps a lot. I was actually able to repair it, it is fine now. But keeping my fingers crossed, because last time i got th issues popping up again, a week after the repair.

I am not pretty aware of the Exchange Policies.

har
One time poster
har

Hi I've the same phone and facing same problem. It's jus that battery of the phone is loosely fitted(don't know why). So even a little jerk will cause the phone to switch off. If you want tap the phone a little hard or drop it from 5mm it will switch off. I don know how to solve this, if you come across a solution please let me know
Enthusiast
fuddylint74

I have read about so many people with xperias shutting off or rebooting to know that this is a major problem for them.

It was obvious to me after my phone kept shutting down for 3 weeks that the problem is hardware related. Unfortunately,

support staff still treat it as a software problem. I was so frustrated with the problem that I flashed a generic Indonesian upgrade rom to try and solve it. Then when i explained it to customer support, they refused to test it because I didn't have the right country android version. Now I have a brick. 

Word to the wise. DON'T change your country ROM version or they will likely refuse to service it. Even if it is sony stock rom from another region. Don't end up with a brick like I do.

One time poster
XperiaLFckdme

It irritated me so how i thrown my handset, and got the touch smashed. Its irritating, when one is expecting a call and come to know after hours that the phone was switched off..

It is really a wierd moment.. Alas, i **bleep**ed 17000 bucks on this dumb box.. i have seen manier posts, they says sony would be releasing update but all bull **bleep**... i believe they releases the updates in beta stage itself..