Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
pinksy1977

Memory Problem Xperia L

Hi
I'm looking for some help, I have a problem where the phone advises me that I'm running low on memory, I transferred everything to a sd card. Thinking this would solve the problem, however I still have an issue. Inside the storage part of the system menu it advises that storage space is running out!

It advises Device Memory space is 1.57GB Apps 849mb Available is 53.97.

Internal Storage space is running out Total Space 4.01GB - Apps 74.86Mb, Pictures 50.07Mb, Audio 112kb, Downloads 0.91mb, Misc 13.34mb, Available 3.87gb.

I have transferred everything that is possible to the sd card and it still has 27.62gb available. When I chose the option to transfer the data to the SD card there is nothing to transfer.

I'm confused and lost it is complaining that I don't have enough space but cannot transfer anything else??

What do I do??? Please help anyone.......
Demigod
shihstouch

Re: Memory Problem Xperia L

Restart

Restart your phone to turn off all running applications and to remove memory blocks. Remove and reinsert the battery and the SIM card. Then restart your phone.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Indeed, there's a partition only for Apps, and another for pictures, music, videos. moving your pictures/videos/music to the SD card its a good idea BUT its not going to increase the space for your apps, you will have to delete apps as you can not move your apps to the SD card. 

Don't forget to give Kudos

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

This should explain the memory on your Xperia

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/Memory-in-Android-devices/m-p/348064/highlight/true#M8

An alternative solution is to root your phone > install apps2SD and then move your apps to your SD card

Don't forget to give Kudos

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
HEB200

Not any help on the earlier posts. At the moment, the only solution is to make a factory reset and install all the programs again.. Read the thread

DEVICE MEMORY FULL IN XPERIA L

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-L/Device-memory-full-in-xperia-L/td-p/347456/page/2

Regular
samppolappo

HEB200 is right. This is a more severe bug. Probably some process leaking memory due to.failure to free unused resources.
Rookie
shoaib

Hi Dude,

I have the same exact problem, SOny has to do something about it. But They are not bothered.

My memory is nil now, In just three days after resetting the phone. I cant keep resetting the phone every three days.

Hope Sony sends some Update to fix this.

One time poster
Kolle

Yep, same problem for me. I tried moving all apps to my SD card. Did not work. I just rebooted my phone, did not work either. Still loads of free space on both the memory of the device and the SD Card, the phone isn't fixed yet. Can't even synchronise my gmail due to 'lack of memory'. Quite annoying. 

I really hope sony comes with a bug fix soon...

Talent
swaminathan

Hi all, Update to latest firmware ,15.3.A.0.26.. to solve memory problem..Use PC companion to update

Visitor
MAK07

have same problem in my xperia l

When i click pics or dowload any pictures within 5 min my memory was full n i got massage that phone storage is full

Please help me i want solution plz .....:smileyd_oh: