Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Mounika

Hi..My Xperia L is getting Switched off while speaking in call.It is happening 3 to 4 times daily...

Hi..

My Xperia L is getting Switched off while speaking in call.It is happening 3 to 4 times daily...

What could be the reason for this and how can i overcome this problem....

Please suggest me regarding this issue......

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Hi..My Xperia L is getting Switched off while speaking in call.It is happening 3 to 4 times daily...

perhaps a faulty SIM card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Alexander

Re: Hi..My Xperia L is getting Switched off while speaking in call.It is happening 3 to 4 times daily...

As suggested above you should try with another SIM card. If the problem persists with another SIM card I recommend that you update/repair the phone software using PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Khushboo

I too have same problem.. And please its not sim card prblem nor there is a need to update the software. The problem is actually in the phone.

I am using Xperia L. Bought it 2 months back.

Firstly the camera flash stopped working

Secondly the phone automatically used to start playing Xperia ringtone after every start up. whenever i switched off and switched on the phone

I got that issue fixed in a local service center.

Now I have another problem. While I am on call I am not able to see anything or backlight doesnt work even when I press the power key. How can I access my phonebook or messages incase I require to access them while i m on call? Its actually getting switched off. It used to work previously before i got it repaired from a service center.

This is rubbish thing. If you people cant make good phone pls stop selling mobile phones.

One time poster
xperiaLuser

My Xperia L algo gets shut-down at the least once in a day. Earlier I thought it to be a co-incidence of pressing the power button, but I even observed it shutting-down when just lying on the desk, with no obvious reasons. I boutht it in June only and has no moer apps running on it besides the default apps.

Well, my problem is not while talking on phone but it gets switched off automatically 1-2 times a day. I've updated the phone to latest available version (15.0.A.2.17) but that didn't help.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@xperia take it to a Sony repair center

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
xperiaLuser

Thanks for responding, but what will they do? write custom macros for my phone only?

Its not a minor s/w prob that would get solved by installing an update from repair center. Search for terms like "xperia random dying" and you will get to know how many people are affected by this bug (said to be fixed for xperia Z). http://www.androidcentral.com/xperia-z-devices-are-randomly-dying-sony-working-fix

Khushboo

These people are useless. Asked me to update software. What a rubbish solution. I came out from 2 problems as mentioned above and new problem started..

You people just give refund to me or i ll take legal action.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@khush

this forum is for us, users, to help each other, if you want Sony to help you out contact them by phone, livechat or stop by a sony repair center

Khushboo

Re: Hi..My Xperia L is getting Switched off while speaking in call.It is happening 3 to 4 times dail

What a rubbish phone. U people have cheated.. I got this phone in June 2013. After a month the camera flash stopped working even when battery was 90%. the phone started ringing on every start up.. I got the software updated.. nothing worked. Then went to service station and they changed the motherboard.

Old IMEI no: 356605050175484

Job sheet no: W113080300605

Another problem started just in 2 days. phone functions became inactive while on call due to problem in censor. I could not operate or disconnect calls coz the display used to switch off.. Went again to service center and asked for replacement. they discussed with headoffice and repaired saying that next time if problem occurs they will replace the phone.

New IMEI no: 356605050357843

Job sheet no: W113081500180

Now just within a week, the first problem i.e. camera flash again stopped working.. WTF... stop making phones sony ppl.. U r cheating people.. I will go to consumer court now bcoz within 2 months i have been troubled so much and u people think we are fools... Give me refund. I dont want ur **bleep** phone..