Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Greenhorn
Fizgig
Accepted Solution

Xperia j update deleted my photos

Finally updated my Xperia J. It instantly deleted all my photos and music. It won't save any new photos.... Haven't tried music yet. Any idea what I can do?
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia j update deleted my photos

That seems pretty odd as it should not delete your pictures, videos, music, etc unless you perform a factory reset, were your pictures, videos stored on your SD card? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Greenhorn
Fizgig

Yeah, but now it holds a picture for a few minutes and it's gone again. Never a problem till the update and since then no joy. I tried taking the sd card out to check it on another device but seems blank and phone storage says there are no photo or music files either. I uploaded some music again earlier and the same thing happened, there one minute, gone the next.
Forum Legend
uliwooly

Could you test another SD card ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Greenhorn
Fizgig

Tried another Sd card and that hasn't worked. Also tried backing up to Google+ but everything deletes after a few minutes. :/
alexdon

Repair phone software with sony update service,something went wrong with the update.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us - J.R.R. Tolkien
One time poster
VIEW

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same issues with my phone too. Have you manage to figure something out?

Tried adding a new sd card and resetting (3 timesss) and still keeps erasing all the pictures. 

Greenhorn
Fizgig

Repairing phone software did it, a bit of faffing with email and things, as it was a bit like a full reset, so make sure you remember your usernames etc. But after10 mins all my photos and music were just where I'd left them so I don't care.... Hope you have the same outcome :smileyhappy:
Greenhorn
SX-J

I had the same thing happen about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks ago, plugged it into my computer and it seemed fine after that, but only lasted a few days.  Then I was away from home, did a reset on my phone, got a new micro SD card was able to transfer info on my previous micro SD card onto another computer, then put on my new micro SD card, fixed the problem for two weeks, then back to the same problem...Music and Photos not showing up on phone.  (Music was on micro SD card, but photos on my phone memory).  Checked for a virus on my micro SD Card, which came up with nothing. 

Read all the comments on this page, tried doing the repair phone software with update and it helped for 5 minutes and went back to not seeing music and photos (even the preinstalled photos that came with the phone).  If I put the micro SD card in a reader on my computer all files are there.  I have now been told by the company I purchased the phone from that I need to have a micro SD card that is not high speed and that is no larger that 16 GB.  I am wondering for all who have had problems what size and type of micro SD card are you using?  It claims on the Xperia J Specification page that it can have up to a micro SD 32 GB, which is what I put in the 2nd time (although its a high speed one) - the first time I had a 64 GB, which worked for 2 months!  The first micro SD card was a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB, the second one was a Lexar High-Speed 32 GB.  The guy at the phone store says that these phones do not have enough (processor) to read the high speed cards or the bigger sized cards.  I have no micro SD card in my phone and suddenly now all my photos are back.

I would appreciate any help and knowing what everyone else is using for micro SD Cards. 

Thanks!

One time poster
Butterflycake

Hi the same thing happened to me this morning i E-mailed them this is what the told me to do and it worked a treat:

If you are having problems viewing pictures on your handset then this suggests there may be a problem with the gallery application you are using. We would therefore suggest clearing the data within the application as this will restore the application by removing unnecessary data. This can be performed by following the steps below:

1. Open the Menu
2. Select Settings
3. Go into Apps
4. Tap the “All” tab
5. Scroll to Camera > Clear Data and/or Clear Cache

Performing the above will not delete any of your pictures.

hope this helps :smileyyahoo: