Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
mika777

Xperia J freezing and very slow

I have a Xperia J phone for the past few weeks and this week it has started freezing on me. From answering the phone to even putting in the PIN to unlock the phone is becoming quite frustrating now and I'm ready to get rid of it. I have read that it is an Android issue and awaiting an update to resolve it. I have transferred all my apps to the SD card and still the issue persists. Anyone seen this before and if so, any remedy to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Xperia J freezing and very slow

I suggest that you try to run a software reinstall using SUS.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

If the problem still remains you should contact your local support team, to have the phone examined and fixed at an repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
aronjayvo

XJ is really slow. Try not to run multiple apps at the same time.

One time poster
Sujay

I have also facing same problem since many of time when i try to recieve ma call it gets stucked, n i have to relock the phone n again unlock it, & then its get started

saif.ullah

Johan,

You are very good at copying and pasting the same answer. By now, you must have given this remedy to all your XperiaJ guinea pig users. I have wasted so much time using this phone that I have had it upto my neck.

I think the phone bears understandard capacity to run JB or ICS. The users of this phone should be compensated by Sony.

Better you suggest how to downgrade to operable OS.

Saif

Forum Legend
uliwooly

@ssaif.ullah if you don't like the solution take your phone to a Sony repair center or perhaps contact Sony Customer Service and let them know how you feel and your alternatives.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

saif.ullah

Aron,

If we cannot run even the basic applications what do you call this set. I did not buy it for a penny to get such lousy service. I have seen other phones by HTC, Samsung and Nokia of similar configuration they are about 10 times faster.

This set is full of problems. Interestingly, my experience with other Xperia is good. I think the OS should also be blamed.

I have received a link from the forum which has fixed the screeen problem. Try installing it if you can find it. But the others remain, like the apps getting hanged etc.

Let's see what Sony does.

Saif

saif.ullah

There is no service centre in my country. I bought this from China. So, I am looking for help on the web. It is wasting my time.....sometimes, I feel like banging the phone against the wall.

I regret, as Samsung and Nokia have their service centres here. I was fooled by the brand of Sony. Let me know if you know an alternative

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I don't see how Sony trick you, you bought the phone from another country, that mean that even if there was a service center in your country your warranty wouldn't cover it, why don't you downgrade your phone?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

saif.ullah

Sony has sold an under capacity phone. You can see that the forum is full of problems. I did not receive any fruitful solution from you. This is the reason I feel cheated. By your words you cannot change this feeling.

You are talking about warranty.....I am talking about satisfaction.