Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

NileshBarai

Xperia ion Jelly Bean Update

I wanted to ask when are the Xperia ion users getting Jelly Bean update?

Sony is very lazy in providing updates... All other brands have Jelly Bean 4.2 in place and Xperia users are struggling to get Jelly Bean 4.1 update :smileysad:

You pay 35K for a phone and don't even get an OS update for it. Complete waste!!

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

Re: Xperia ion Jelly Bean Update

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed. Unfortunately we don't have any information regarding updates. All info is published on our blog.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adept
anunnaki

wtf? So now no information regarding updates? I thought Xperia ion will be updated to Jelly Bean along with Xperia S. So this is not true anymore?

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

That is still true. I do however not have any date or other information regarding the update, apart from the information you can find on the blog.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Adept
anunnaki

thanks for the answer.

One time poster
fidasek

I am not happy to say it, but Sony, you are really disgrace of Smartphone, especially Android market. I had already X10 MP with Android from you and? No Froyo, you will stay on 2.1 aka stupid Eclair. Promises didn't matter in '10.

2 years later

Oh, I have just bought my new Xperia Ion, it should get JB soon. Well, it should get JB sometime... And now? Almost all phones which are supposed to have JB do so (even lowends), just we, "dear customers" of Sony are still just waiting and waiting. And what is even worse--- you can't provide us any date or even any time horizon, you are just keeping us waiting and are laughing at us. It has to be very hard to work for Sony, I'm really sorry for those who work there on Support. All they can is just repeating still the same and same info.

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

I'm sorry you feel that way. X10 got 2.3 (gingerbread) update and did not stay on 2.1(eclair).

And regarding timings for Xperia Ion, we have presented this earlier on the blog, as I mentioned above.

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/12/17/update-on-sony-software-upgrades-including-uplift-to-jelly-be...

[..]will be upgraded from the end of March. Then Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S will follow in the subsequent weeks.

We are currently on the 5th day of April, so hopefully it will be released soon.

sony_logo126x24.gif

One time poster
fidasek

I guess you know that X10 MP means X10 Mini Pro, right? Also, you know that X10 (big one) got update after massive campaign of its owners and wasn't supposed to get it by first plans, don't you?

And what you have written on your blog is absolutely vague, it can be 4th, 19th April or 23rd June.

Sony Xperia Support
Samuel

Sorry about that. Missed the MP part. My bad.

Well, you wrote " you can't provide us any date or even any time horizon ". The timeline might be vague, but it's still a timeline. If I had any more information I'd love to provide it, but I don't have any.

sony_logo126x24.gif

One time poster
fidasek

Yep, it is timeline but as you said, "it's still a timeline" and this never promises good news when arguments are about just single word or even letters.

And yes, I understand you and as I stated before, it must be really hard for you to hear those people as me who are posting there those comments when you know that you don't have any good news for us and I believe that you also know that it's not good way from Sony.