Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

suga49

Re: Xperia ion Jelly Bean Update

Thanks for the info. one more question if you dont mind. I read somewhere that 2G Internet is not working after the JB update. is it so?

One time poster
witzer1980

Sony-Support: An update like this takes normally 3 to 4 weeks... (FROM NOW ON!!!)

:smileycry::smileydevil::smileysad:

One time poster
legend43

Ok guys, I got completely fed up of waiting for JB update in India, so I flashed it using the flashtool and Generic 211 update. Use this video to guide you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5FyezJb45M

Here is my feedback and quick list of improvements and bugs:

Improvements:

1. Slightly smoother performance in UI

2. Changed Icons for inbuilt applications and a slight makeover on the interface, lock screen and home screen, loads of tooltips and much needed shortcuts

3. Game and application performance improved to a good extent. JB uses better resource management

4. More ringtones, wallpapers and themes

5. More options in settings like power management, older options are better organized

6. Walkman and Camera have several new options added and the best part of Ion is made even better

Bugs and incoveniences (noticed by me so far):

1. Volume up button seems to stop working at times, restarting the phone fixes this. It is a rare bug

2. With the pattern lock option, the lock screen cannot have a different wallpaper than the home screen

3. The message and Phone log   / Call menu shows in a striking WHITE no matter which theme you pick. This is not just harder to read, it also consumes more battery power. When it's dark your eyes will hurt if the display brightness is not set to minimum. When in sunlight, the white display is harder to read.

4. The Album now has each folder sorted automatically, but there is no way to customise this in anyway. You cannot add or rename folders and it does not have any option to hide pictures

5. The LED shows every notification in only ONE colour, earlier it would show SMS as blue, Emails as Green, Whatsapp and other messengers as violet and charging / errors as red

6. In call volume was not very high earlier and it has not improved with the JB update

I'm sure I missed some bugs and many improvements, but this is just a quick list right off the top of my head. Cheers!

Adept
anunnaki

You missed the main bug. Full HD video recording is very laggy

Rahmath

Mr. Legend

you did update manually using the flash toll. and now u finding bugs. Better you try t repiar and update using sony pc campainion . so that this will resolve the problem.

One time poster
legend43

@Anunnaki - Oh yes, I forgot to include that. The Full HD video recording is very choppy and seems to eat all phone resources / battery.

@Rahmath - Unfortunately, my region (India) still shows that my phone is up to date. I'll need a confirmation from someone in India that the JB update is showing in PC companion before I try that.

I also forgot to include another bug - The camera quick launch by holding camera button doesn't work. Also, the lock screen has a drag to launch shortcut for the camera, but this does not work either.

Tejash_SXIuser

i am currenttly using ics firmware 6.1.E.2.68.

Sony's indian website is showing 6.2.B.0.211 as the latest available update.  But when i checked through pc companion it shows 6.1.E.3.7 as latest available update.  I dont want to update to 6.1.E.3.7 because it has some bugs.  My question is can i directly update from my current firmware(6.1.E.2.68)  to jellybean firmware (6.2.B.0.211) ??? Or in order to get jellybean firmware is it necessary for me to update my ion to 6.1.E.3.7???

One time poster
mdoshi888

LAGGY VIDEO RECORDING

maxvijai

Today updated to JB manually. It's just a piece of cake. I expect more from the update which ultimately fails to satisfy. I do not find the battery stamina like we had power saver in ICS. Instead it has Extended Standby Mode in the settings which will terminate Wi-Fi/Date when the screen has been turned off. Camera is somewhat improved but not the best condition (the one had when I bought the ION).

Any comments & suggestions are welcomed.

maxvijai

Yet to check the video recording...