Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia Ion v\s Other Phones..!!

:smileysilly: its so odd that I haven't seen anything regarding the Xperia Ion, I hardly doubt it'll be available any time soon, and if its going to be release Q2 with 2.3.7 when is it going to get ICS? by the end of summer? Q3? Q4?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

slimshaddy

hmm , but 2011 having ICS and 2012 not having , it will be strange for 2012 phone users :smileylaugh: :smileylaugh:

i think it will be readily avaiable , like 2.3.7 out of the box , connect it to your pc..

"you have a new software update" :smileyhappy:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you will think that, but its AT&T, they took forever to release the X10 (6months later) they took forever to release 2.1 and 2.3.3 well it never happened, plus at&t they liked to crippled android phones, not allowing their users to sideload apps. Knowing all this, the update might be quite an issue if any

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

slimshaddy

oh , i totally forgot , at&t is the sole provider...

and you are right , they block the updates...

lets see , i think sony will pressurise them or maybe agredd to let the ion have the ics upgrade.... or else it will be a shame..

Anonymous(anon)

Actually I searched a few days ago, to see what s going on with the ION and I didnt even find a word on it. Only the same all from weeks ago. Something tells me that it is not coming or probably they are still trying to cripple the ICS on it. I am going to wait for a few more months... I put Doom s latest kernel on my X10  and the new X10S ROM that is going around and I love it!!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

imagine this plus gorilla glass 2 or dragon trail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPZ7y1EDKvk

One time poster
joeTaco

I hate that notification LEDs seem to be disappearing.  The distinctively shaped LEDs gave 2011 Xperias a very, very cool look, and combined with Lightflow it's useful too.  Without LEDs and hardware buttons, all these phones look the same.

slimshaddy

i amnot sure if ion has led notification or not..  but the other models have a led strip.. what do you think of that ?? :smileyhappy:

and i agree , theres not much difference in looks..

One time poster
joeTaco

The light strip is cool-lookin!  I like the style of those phones, very unique.  Though, the bar below the white strip does seem like wasted space; I haven't actually held one of these phones, but I'd have put the buttons below the strip.

It's strange that the lower-end Xperia U seems to have a way better light strip than the Xperia S, which can only do one colour - white.  The U looks like it's perfect for Lightflow, plus it looks awesome seeing the LED change colours along with the screen when someone is using it.

I may be biased, but I think Sony really nailed the design of the LED & button area with the Ray - the semicircle hard home button surrounded by the LED.  I haven't seen this design on any other phones, including Sony's, but maybe Sony has used it before?  Anyway, if I were Sony, I'd plaster this design all over many more phones.  It could be their iconic look, and if they marketed it right, maybe people could actually tell a Sony from any other smartphone at a glance.  Strange that only Apple has tried to brand their products like this.

But, I don't think that'll happen, since buttonless, no-LED phones seem to be the way of the future.  I hope that we see more designs with the light strip at least.  I do appreciate the fact that Sony is continuing to be innovative with its case design.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

to each its own, but, do you really like a phone that it's close to 2cm longer bc of a light strip?