Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Nabeel

Re: Xperia Ion v\s Other Phones..!!

slim  2012 has just started,, u will see many more things in 2012 also ( icrap , gs3, etc etc are yet to be released)

i am sure icrap-ians would definitely come up with something big :smileytongue::smileytongue:

Need any help related to moderation? message me or any other moderator.

slimshaddy

yes i know :smileysad: and it will be perfect ,

well i cant purchase any phone , i have to use my arc for a minimum 2 years , 8 months complete :smileysilly: so thats why i'm interested in 2013 :smileylaugh:

slimshaddy

look at the queue at the end of the video :smileysilly: so many xperia S buyers..

Forum Legend
uliwooly

that "battery life issue" seems like a load of ... lies :smileysilly:

it reminds of the "official reason" on why the X8, W8, X10 mini/pro weren't updated to 2.3, blaimming hardware limitations, which that's not true, we all know that, or the excuses we got when SE used to say that 2.1 was the same or better than 2.2, etc etc.

A corporation this big can't lie anymore, yes it was easier back in the days before the Internet revolution but not anymore, they might fool their investors and some uninformed potential buyers but seriously blaming the battery life as the reason not to move to Quad-core?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

slimshaddy

confuses me :smileyhappy:

maybe what they wanted to achieve , they couldn't , and something might be hindering with the battery....

but they made an official comment... :smileyplain: so they dint just said for the sake of saying...must be something related to battery..

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I've been looking for info on the tegra 3, and I haven't being able to find any negative reports on battery life

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Nabeel

its specs are :smileylove::smileylove::smileylove:, http://www.nvidia.in/object/tegra-3-in.html

i don't care for battery backup much,

i hate arc s for being single core,,

i think almost all of the companies except sony will come up with quad core processor phones this year

check this http://www.nvidia.in/content/PDF/tegra_white_papers/Benefits-of-Multi-core-CPUs-in-Mobile-Devices_Ve...

its really an important link

,,, it contains answers to as why our xperias get hot. why they hang, and all stuff

slimshaddy

nice link , i'm reading all of it :smileysilly: but i stopped at this...

In order to further increase the performance, and "extend battery life," mobile devices will

transition to multi-core CPUs....

wtf.. whats goin on :smileyconfused:

**. From basic semiconductor physics we know that increasing

operating frequency and voltage can exponentially increase power consumption of

semiconductor devices. Even though engineers may be able to squeeze out higher performance

by increasing frequency and voltage, the performance increase would drastically reduce battery

life. In addition, processors that consume higher power would require larger cooling solutions

resulting in an undesired expansion in device size.

Under these heavy multitasking conditions

the processor is typically running at maximum frequency and voltage, therefore consuming large

amounts of power.

Therefore a mobile processor

with a dual core CPU with SMP capabilities will often be more power efficient than a single core

CPU based mobile processor.

but still its a comparison of single and dual , i'm waiting for a comparison with quad core...

this dual core looks so cool ,

samsung s2 has tegra 2...??

Nabeel

even i didn't read it completely
though i will

its really interesting slim.. so much knowledge :smileyhappy:

slimshaddy

now i'm really into these stuff :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

i read some link about resolution and stuff :smileywink:

it said  " higher megapixel doesnt means higher resolution \ high quality pics but high pixel resolutuion"

theres so much on the internet....

i'm currently looking at this site , so much of cool and easy features...

http://www.howtogeek.com/