Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia Ion introduction

Sony should've learned from the R800X (xperia play for verizon) they are stucked with 2.3.3 and yes they are able to do some things but that's because of the other 3 versions of the phone, but now with a AT&T only Ion phone, that's going to suck, I wonder if they will release it later on (few months later) on other networks, just like the Play

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

From what I ve read the past few months, the "Play" wasnt a "play" at all in the US. Failure it was and it is. I dont know who are these people in the US carriers team that had the ARC/S, Ray Neo and Play in their hands and decided to get the Play. I dont know what these people smoke anymore... Now they are going to give us a (what it seems) a "dead end" phone and expect what? I dont know...

I also know there is no US carrier that provides support for their devices but AT&T is a 1000 feet bellow the bottom of the deepest barrel in the history of mankind. I dont know if anyone follows the "Infuse Fiasco" the past few days... Imagine what s going to happen with ICS on ION.

Can someone explain where is this immaturity and disastrous marketing coming from? What drives those people to make such ignorant decisions?

Anonymous(anon)

I got this from a very reliable source. ION might come with ICS. NO reason to panic over it. SE has learned from its mistakes in the past of not updating the phones. We will see how many updates there will be for the ION since it is controlled by att.

Got new info's on the 2H devices. If you're holding off the Xperia S/Ion to wait to see what Sony has in store, don't (Hayabusa, etc.). Spec wise, you're not missing anything at all

Also, I've got some PM's about Ion's release date and ICS upgrade. The last few times I've checked in EMMA (most recent was 2 weeks ago), they've been testing Ion with ICS on it. So there is a high possibility that it will come with ICS on launch. Xperia S, however, will come as an upgrade about a month after its launch since they don't want to miss the launch date. Just hold your breath and you'll get the ICS in no time.

And keep your eyes out for next week Something might be coming...

Anonymous(anon)

Thanks Dacha! Well... I am not as much as an "update guy" as I am a "fix what is crippled" guy. I am leaning towards a GSM version of the S. I am going to pay the full price but it will have a larger community to help behind it. I am way over due for a new phone (crippled X10 user here) so I cant wait! I apologize for my frustration...

Anonymous(anon)

No reason to apologize.

I am in the same boat as you are. My X10 broke a few month ago and now i have to use the HP Veer and it sucks.

I was also thinking of getting the S instead of the ION for several reasons.

Based on the data on the Whitepaper for both phones, the ION will have very poor battery life.

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/105/035/2/1327908899/Xperia_S_WP_2.pdf

http://dl-www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/105/035/7/1327909080/Xperia_ion_WP_2.pdf

MP3 listening time on the S is 25hrs. vs. 12 hrs. on the ION.

Video playback time on the S is 6.5hrs and on the ION it is 3 hrs.

It looks like the combination of the larger screen and LTE are draining the battery a lot faster.

In my service area AT&T will not have LTE for another years. No need for and LTE phone just yet.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

what do you mean the old data plan wont carry to LTE 4G? are you sure? because I called AT&T and they said that it will unless I renew a contract, then it won't, it seems that they want to force customers to buy their crippled phones so they can lock you to 2GB. I too have the unlimited old data plan and I'm in one of those new LTE markets, I want to try it out but the phone its so ugly

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

I apologize for the misinformation... I got carried away. I had the ION on a new 2-year contract in mind went I worte that. I know.. I do that a lot.. I ll delete my comment

Forum Legend
uliwooly

you can just scratch the part that its not quite correct :smileytongue:

Forum Legend
uliwooly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUstg4sI2Ag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgRe049u-vE