Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia Ion introduction

hhahaha yeah

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

lol the truth is that every phone that enters the country is crippled, no matter what carrier.

Master
slimshaddy

well yes i liked the xperia s :smileywink:

but i have to use my arc for atleast 2 years :smileylaugh: so i may buy 2013 phones :smileyhappy:

i'll root my phone when one year completes.... and i will delete all that crap and obviously phone will speed up , so rooting will worl like dual core for me :smileyhappy: haha...

but i really really liked all the features they infused in both of these phones...amazing specs....

Master
slimshaddy

well yes i liked the xperia s :smileywink:

but i have to use my arc for atleast 2 years :smileylaugh: so i may buy 2013 phones :smileyhappy:

i'll root my phone when one year completes.... and i will delete all that crap and obviously phone will speed up , so rooting will worl like dual core for me :smileyhappy: haha...

but i really really liked all the features they infused in both of these phones...amazing specs....

Anonymous(anon)

why the embedded battery? :smileyplain:

xperia ion having ( ICS + removable 2000mAh battery + microSD expandable upto 64GB + 2MP front camera ) = #1 smartphone

:smileyhappy:

Master
slimshaddy

dont know why.... same as the icrap...

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the Ion does NOT have removable battery

Xperia IonXperia S

Screen

4.6in HD  (720 x 1280)  LCD

Reality Display

Bravia Engine

319PPI pixel density

Screen

4.3in HD (720 x 1280) LCD

Reality Display

Bravia Engine

342PPI pixel density

CPU

1.5GHz Dual-core

S3 MSM8260 Snapdragon

Adreno 220 GPU

CPU

1.5GHz Dual-core

S3 MSM8260 Snapdragon

Adreno 220 GPU

Memory

1GB RAM

1GB Internal Storage

16GB eMMc flash memory

up to 32GB micro SD compatible

Memory

1GB RAM

1GB Internal Storage

16GB eMMc flash memory

Doesn't support micro SD

Battery

1900mAh

Battery

1750mAh

Available

Spring 2012

Available

March 2012

OS

Android 2.3.7

OS

Android 2.3.7

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

The ION can be preorderd for $569.50 but there is no ETA.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Indeed

https://negrielectronics.com/sony-xperia-ion-at-t-unlocked-black.html

Anonymous(anon)

It s so hard to make the decision to buy this phone... Even if I like it, even if I dont mind the fact that is so large, even if I can live with a promise that it will get ICS some time in this century, how can they expect us to live with a phone that is an "AT&T only" phone, which means it is crippled to death with no support what so ever...

To anyone that follows closer the events... Do you think that there is going to be an ION equivalent for the rest of the world? Do you think that developers are going to support this phone? That we are going to be able to "Root" it or be able to use a version of Xrecovery or so?

I feel so isolated locked on an AT&T only phone...