Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Anonymous(anon)

Re: Xperia Ion introduction

Thanks for the info Uli, I cant follow the link right now but I ll give it a look when I get home. I hope it doesnt look as bad from "up-close and personal" lol

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I still think the Arc has the best design so far, and they should've made either the Ion or S the same

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

also this video about the antenna 2:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s8NipoYDm8

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

ION specs in the ARC's body would definitely be a hit, I totally agree. But I am so fed up with the X10 I ll probably go for the ION as soon as it gets out. Which I think it was their point at AT&T. Whoever didnt get an S2 so far... will wait for the ION...

I ll check the vid as soon as I get home. I still cant believe it!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'm a bit concern about the Ion, since it is from AT&T how often will they update this phone? would SE update this phone as much and as often as the other phones? or will this be like the X10? the great thing about the Arc, Play, Neo, etc is that even if you have the American version you can flash the International firmware and it will work, but there isn't a international counterpart, unless they will release a SIM free Ion

Anonymous(anon)

I was thinking about that too... I think we are going to get σομε striped down, crippled ICS at some point here in US and the rest of the world will be on some treat that starts with P. I do believe that an International ION is going to come out a couple of months after the AT&T one. Which phones where released that where only specific market ones? (except N9)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

yeah, we'll have to wait for official comments on this if

1) an international version of the Ion will be available

2) if the Ion will be updated as much, often and at the SAME time as the S and other Xperias?

Anonymous(anon)

Uli you know much better than me... a phone worths 18 months of updates. If there are any updates in these 18 months the phone sooner or later will get some. Now for us that are AT&T subscribers.... that s a whole different story... no?

Forum Legend
uliwooly

AT&T sucks .... really bad at updating phones

1st we have to wait couple months after the European/rest of the world gets the update for us to get it on SIM free phones

2nd AT&T takes forever adding the bloatware which they might not do anymore since the apps can be downloaded from the market but they still have to test the firmware even if it already went through internal test

Anonymous(anon)

It takes a lot of talent and effort to be worst customer satisfaction carrier in US 2 years in a row! YEAH!!