Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Trustee
Markus

Xperia Ion introduction

So - new phone, new community and sub-community. I'll kick this off with some easy facts. :smileyhappy:

• 4.6 inch HD Reality display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine, with HD resolution screen (1280 x 720), as well as rear (1080p) and front (720p) cameras for HD recording
  • 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for fast browsing and content download, which can be stored on the internal 16GB flash storage.
  • 12 MP rear camera with Sony Exmor R™ for mobile with fast/capture to go from standby to first shot in 1.5 seconds.
  • HD sharing through DLNA, HDMI and BRAVIA sync to quickly and easily stream content to other screens.
  • PlayStation™ Certified and access to entertainment services from Sony Entertainment Network, like Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited.

More info:

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2012/01/09/first-impressions-of-xperia%E2%84%A2-ion/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: Xperia ion introduction

when will the Ion be updated to Android 4.0? before or after the 2011 Xperia lineup?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Trustee
Markus

No idea to be honest. I'm just as curious as you are. :smileyhappy:

These phones got announced yesterday and it will take some time before all details about availability, pricing, ICS updates etc. will be available.

My best advice is to keep an eye or two on our blog portal.

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Thanx

I'll update this thread once I find more info on all this :smileyhappy:

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/30479

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

slimshaddy

the video has been removed by the user...

why......:smileycry:

Trustee
Markus

Try again, I just edited the original post.

slimshaddy

now its working , i even triedin the bloag's video but same result..ont know what happened..

this seems to be a good phone :smileyhappy: but since its only 6 months of my arc... 18 months still left for the next phone :smileylaugh:

gwhispererz

Slim, Xperia ion will only be available in the US market, exclusively with AT&T.  :smileywink:

slimshaddy

why is that :smileyshocked: i thought the first release is there....

not good.....

Forum Legend
uliwooly

to be fair, this is great news for me :smileysilly: and for north America customers we are always the last to get great phones. so I like this, but I still believe that Sony should release the phones globaly. and they seem to be global phones