Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
giwinmathew

Sony xperia ion LT28H firmware problem help please...

Hello
I have a big problem.i have an xperia ion[LT28H].It was purchased from OMAN,a middle east country.The SI number written on the package box is 1265-7741.2.iam attaching a picture of the label from the sales package box. i broughtit to india now.The phone was working fine.The build number when igot the phone was 6.1.E.2.68 .This build was ok,everything was working fine.i connected the phone to pc via pc companion,it said der is a software update.the update was 6.1.E.3.7 .I updated the phone.the update completed smoothly without any errors.after update my phone camera has lost its clarity.pictures are very blurry.it has a 12MP camera but picture worse than a VGA camera resolution.
i tried repairing phone in pc companion and sony software update service as the people at sony mobile customer care said.tried both made no difference in quality.but rest was fine.i then checked my sites online even on talk.sonymobile.com it said flashing the phone with older firmware version would solve the issue.i flashed it with 6.1.E.2.68 firmware downloaded from xda-devlopers site.flashed using flashtool.after flashing also no luck.but after flashing i dont even get internet speeds also.i used to get 200-400KB/sec.iam on 3g but getting max 12KB/sec only.ihav full signal.speed ok when using wifi.when i checked sevice info it shows my SI number is changed.here is what it says-
PHONE SOFTWARE VERSION-1252-5917_6.1.E.3.7
GENERIC-user
FILE SYSTEM VERSION-WORLD_6.1.E.3.7
S1 BOOT VERSION-1247-3874 R10C009
ETS SOFTWARE VERSION-1255-6839_40
CUSTOMIZATION VERSION-1265-2659_R8G
ACTIVE CUSTOMIZATION-1265-2659_R8G
CONTENT VERSION-PA3
TYPE NUMBER-PM-0200-BV
Havent even backedup my firmware also.
I run ics 4.0.4
baseband-9x00B-SCAQCSZQ-34702090-23

This is what is says.i think my region has changed from middle east to some other because on the box its written 1265-7741.2
now i want to know 2 things-
1-will i be able to go back to my regional stock firmware? i dont know the orginal CDF number.
2-Will i still get warranty if i take it to the place from where i purchased it? i havent rooted or unlocked the bootloader or nor hav i installed any custom roms.

PLEASE HELP ME,,,,,,,,I know my question is a long one but please help me.someone from sony or anyone please help me..or reply via email.Thanking you in advance.

Giwin Mathew

giwinzachariahmathew@gmail.com

LABEL.jpg

Community Manager
Johan

Re: Sony xperia ion LT28H firmware problem help please...

This will need to be a examined at an repair center. Contact your local support team for more info.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

Flashing ROM's using Flash tool you might end up with this problem, I'm not sure if this will be covered within warranty, you should check that with your local support and repair center.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
giwinmathew

Re: Sony xperia ion LT28H firmware problem help please...

Thank you for the reply.i havent unlocked the bootloader yet.nor hav i rooted the device yet.is there any way i can get back to my regional stock firmware.the phone now does not get good internet speeds.i get max of 12KB.i used to get 500KB before flashing.i think there is something wrong with the baseband.is there any way i can resolve this.yes iam on 3g.i live in india.can some one help me who has xperia ion with SI of 1265-7741.2 tell me the cdf number or suggest me the baseband that would help me regain internet speed.thank you.