Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Re: New Xperias. Xperia Go & Xperia Acro S (water resistant Xperias)

No they don't use the same processor at all

Hardware

System chipQualcomm MSM8960Qualcomm MSM8260
ProcessorDual core, 1500 MHz, Snapdragon S4Dual core, 1500 MHz, Snapdragon S3
Graphics processorYesYes
System memory1024 MB RAM1024 MB RAM
Built-in storage16000 MB32000 MB

More info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(system_on_chip)

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

ok its in theory a different processor due to the Krait architecture there using to build processors, but its still a 1.5ghz processor and the gpu is still going to be adreno be it a 3xx spec so expect a 320 in the gx, the only difference in the s4 version si there will be a quad core version coming along and the ability to clock the frequency to 1.7ghz but the processor there putting in the GX is the exact same speed as the xperia s s3 version and the same amount of cores, for a phone out a good 6-9 months later it should have a higher spec otherwise whats the point in upgrading, you get a 1mp increase on camera which is not noticable to the naked eye without some very good camera software which this phone hasnt had built in, no cybershot technology or improved sensors, 

the s4 will be able to have a type of turbo mode which can temporairly put the processor up to 2.5ghz but thats only for quad cores, and expect a hit on the battery for that luxury too,

to be honest i just dont see it taking off when placed up againt the iphone 5 s3 and even the already released htc onex

Forum Legend
uliwooly

Snapdragon S4 it's at pair with Tegra 3, so there is a HUGE difference between S3 and S4 and battery wise the S4 it's too a lot better than S3

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Anonymous(anon)

thats my point the htc one x has a tegra 3 already and a quad core at that,

check this website and update your knowledge of processors http://androidandme.com/2012/05/smartphones-2/htc-one-x-snapdragon-s4-vs-tegra-3-in-performance-gpu-...

both processors in the same phone and the tegra outperforms the s4 in every performance test and this is in the one x now, the s4 will be in the gx in a few months by which time what do you think the other phones will be packing,

the only benefit to an s4 is the  LTE support ?

Anonymous(anon)

they should have improved the specs is what im saying not gone with the 1.5 dual core when the competition are packing alot more power,

were see in 6 months if it takes off, i wouldnt upgrade my phone for the slight benefits of the GX, give me something beter sony !!

Forum Legend
uliwooly

the battery it's a lot better on the S4, if it's not optimized on the One X that's on HTC just look at the architecture of each processor, one is 45nm and the S4 it's 28nm, with that said, I do agree that the Tegra 3 it's superior but not by a lot, unless you are a power user or game fanatic or like to push your phone to it's limit :smileysilly: (which I am/do)

Forum Legend
uliwooly

I'm not upgrading, I'm replacing :smileysilly: I don't like the Xperia S design at all, I really like the curve on the Arc and like I'd said the GX it's the new improved version of the Arc. I agree that Sony should not just be at pair with other manufacturers but Sony should work in partnerships with other companies to deliver amazing next generation phones, not just get close to bar but set the bar.

Anonymous(anon)

ill give you that one :smileyhappy:, with improved firmware on the one x you would get slightly better performance, which ofcourse you will on the GX, 

Forum Legend
uliwooly

check this out

Do we need more low end phones? are this phones running a smooth ICS with lower specs than 2011 Xper...

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/216971#216971

Sage
FrontierGate