Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

One time poster
Gee.Kay

Issues with Xperia E.

I recently received a new Xperia E and I have encountered numerous issues.

Firstly,my device will not connect to my home wi-fi.I have tried different approaches that I have seen recommended on these pages but still to no avail. However,when the wi-fi is active it has a negative affect on my device leaving it sluggish and on occasions unresponsive.

I have seen ppl state that you get what you pay for and that is very true.A Sony product,any Sony product,should at the very least meet the standards that they proclaim it to possess.My 10 yr old son has a fairly cheap Vodafone branded mobile and that phone is easily out performing my Sony at the moment.

Issues such as connectivity,sluggishness should not be problems that I would have associated with a Sony product.I will be bringing my Xperia E back to the shop to see if he can sort out these and other issues or possibly exchange it for a product that actually performs the functions that it proclaims to possess.Very disappointed with this inferior product.

Trustee
Alexander

Re: Issues with Xperia E.

Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your Xperia E. Did you try with different routers to see if there was some problem to connect with your router or if there was a general WiFi problem?

To rule out any software problems on your phone you could try to update/repair the phone software using the program PC Companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/update

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
delavega

I second Gee.Kay's statement.

I had to buy a new device in a hurry because my old X10 Mini Pro, which I was pretty satisfied, got down suddenly... and my girlfirend is pregnant.

What could I buy quickly with 150 EUR ? Wiko Slim, Lumia 510... Most of these phones have approximately the same specs as... Xperia E dual. Nice ! Oh, that's lowest Sony's device but THAT IS A SONY DEVICE AND THEY NEVER DECEIVED ME.

Now, they did. And I cannot bring it back to the shop because it's damn too late.

I managed to root device, removed what I consider unuseful, downgraded Walkman app to ICS version to avoid random glitches, tuned cpu, java memory allocation, etc. So I won't say it's an inferior device : hardware is correct for that price. The problem comes from software, ONLY software.

Sony MUST release a corrected update this summer for Xperia E / E dual or they will LOSE customers, me first !

One time poster
Gee.Kay

thank you for your advice Alexander.I have being using the PC Companion program since I got the phone but this is not helping with the wi-fi issue.

My main problem is that I am not very technical and so alot of what is said just goes over my head.

When I search for wireless connections it does recognise my home wi-fi. I then proceed to input the code and the phone then attempts to connect to my home network. However, the system merely saves my home network but fails to connects.

my sons (inferior) 40 euro vodafone phone connects without any problem. There are also 2 laptops operating with no issues with the home wireless network.We also have an Xbox, PS3, Wii and DS3D that are all working wirelesly without any connection issues.

Other contributors mention downgrading applications and rooting the device and other actions that may repair this issue.However, most of these corrections are not within my knowledge base and so I am left with an impotent phone.

My previous phone,which was a 4 year old Blackberry, never had such issues and this is quickly becoming very frustrating and leaving me with a poor view of Sony as a consequence.

Learner
tc123

Hi,

I had the same problem. Probably your router is not so new?

Anyway I resoveld this by reseting my router.( power off and on will not do the trick!  there should be a reset buton on your router) I have a modem/router so I had to put all internet provider info (e.g. password) back in and reboot my PC. (If you have a separat router it should go without all that which is good when your not in to that stuff. )

Then switch your phone (& wifi) off and on... and the miracle happens (I hope). Good luck!

ps.Alternatively you could install a new (modem/)router.

One time poster
baba1

i got xperia e single sim phone,but its not showing the signals and has network problem,i have updated my phone before 1 month,why its showin the network problem.somtimes it shows the network and somtimes not

Visitor
watsonm

I too am having issues with connecting the Xperia E to my home wirelss network.

The only time I can get it to connect (and then only occassionally) is if I disable  security which is obviously a NO NO...

My home network is based around a Netgear 834G v2 and all other wireless devices (Kindle HD, Logitech Sqeezebox Player and Controller, Roberts Radio) all happily connect whatever type of security I try.

Tried rebooting  Router , restarting Xperia, reset Xperia  all to no avail. 

All it ever comes back with is "Saved, secured with WPA".      This is not acceptable and it will be going back to the shop

ASAP and be replaced with some other brand.  

I will also  be advising people of the issues I am having with this device (which I see I am not alone in having)

Commissioner
xperiaEowner

I have a D - link with wpa2 security
& i-ball with no security
Both connect without any issues...
Adviser
paraben

I use a C1505 with latest updates. During the past half year I have made connection with several (>10) wireless routers of all kind without any problems. My phone never let me down on this. Of course there can always occur a technical problem with wireless connections, but I think it's to easy to put the blame on SONY immediately :smileyhappy:.

One time poster
jeboy1975

i recently bought Sony Xperia E Dual...after an application/software update from Sony, my Xperia coudn't be recognized by my PC when i plug the device via USB port (i followed the steps mentioned such as to activate the wifi and bluetooth but still my PC can't recognize my mobile phone)..i also noticed that there are glitches in the music that i play in Walkman. i hope someone would be able to help me fix the issues with my Xperia E Dual.