Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Announcements

What do you think about our community?

Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Greenhorn
santosh_vaza

xperia c root, data reader connect

Hi guys,

I am using sony xperia c since 2 days. I have a tata photon dongle and want to use its network for data purpose i.e internet. Now when i am connecting it to my handset the mobile does nothing, i.e not recognizing. But my dongle works in my pc very well. Now doing a bit of google search i came to know about PPP widget which helps the android mobile to use dongle(datareader)'s network for data purposes. But after installing the PPP widget on my handset it is asking for root access, 

After doing a bit search i did'nt find any rooting process related to xperia C.

So guys i have some questions,.

Is there any app provided by sony that can detect datareader connected to mobile phone and ask user to use its network for data transfers.

is the any rooting methods available for xperia c, if yes then please tell?

Thanks and cheers.

Sony Xperia Support
Rickard

Re: xperia c root, data reader connect

I have no solution for getting the reader to work with your phone but with some readers you can take out the SIM-card so perhaps you can move the SIM-card to your phone instead.