saif0806
Accepted Solution

vh410/vh110 can be used to make voip calls on computer?

Hello i want to know if vh410/vh110 can be used to make voip calls through computer like on skype/gtalk etc.

Trustee
Jeff

Re: vh410/vh110 can be used to make voip calls on computer?

Short Answer: Yes!

Long(er) Answer: It really depends on our PC/Bluetooth configuration. If you experience problems, updating bluetooth drivers seems to usually solve this.

saif0806

hello Jeff,Thank you for your respose.I want to tell you that this is a pre purcahse query.I currently don't have this device but will will purchase soon if i get conformation regarding voip call functionality .

I own a sony vaio with core i3 and window's 7 which is fully updated so i think there will be no issue for bluetooth drivers.

But Your answer is contrary to the coustmer support(india) who completly denied the voip functionality of this device.I have asked the same question from them are got a reply with straight forward NO.I wasn't satisfied with their answer so i hooked the query here.I have attached their reply mail screen shot below

sony.png

I think you are right and seems that the customer support team didn't payed attention towards the question.I am still bit confused.Can you confirm me voip functionality of this device in your office or from anyone who use this device?

Trustee
Jeff

I think the VOIP part is confusing.

Really, you are just using the headset as a bluetooth speaker/microphone. You could use it in a variety of applications.. .skype, gtalk, etc and also like music/audio recording apps.

Maybe they saw the VOIP part and focused on that word.

Hope it makes more sense!

saif0806

Maybe they got confused.So it's Yes from your side and I think I shall mail this thread link to coustmer support team so that they can correct their mistake and don't mislead anyone else in future.Thank you very much !