One time poster
skiace

sbh50 applications for iphone.

Hi,

are they any ios applications for iphone for the bluetooth sbh50, like the ones are in google play for android (smart connect, etc) ?

Thank you in advance.

Trustee
Samuel

Re: sbh50 applications for iphone.

No, as far as I know there is not. There might be some 3rd party ones, but since I don't use iOS myself I can't really check.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

One time poster
skiace

Thank you for your help.

Thats too bad.

Why leaving unsupported so many people with ios devices.

At any case can you give me any name of 3rd party application, so i can try and let pleople know ?

Trustee
Samuel

Well, I don't think you need any app at all just to use the headset for calling - have you tried just pairing them?

One time poster
skiace

For the simple operation is ok.

But the advanced possibilities are unused.

These are the ones i would like to be able to use.

Such as reading mails, phone book, etc.

Trustee
Samuel

Alright. Unfortunately I don't think it will be possible to use all these more advanced features with an iPhone, as it's mainly designed for use with Android phones.

One time poster
Stelios@Pap

I bought the Sony SBH50, and have paired it with an iphone 4s.

The Good stuff :

It works fine, pairs with the iphone without any issues, does not disconnect, has clear sound. The MW600 that I previously owned, had the following problem. during the call, if the other person hangs up first, the MW600 gets stuck there with an open call, and the only thing you can do is restart it. In the SBH50, nothing like that happens.

The Bad stuff :

The SBH50 requires the google play app, in order to retrieve your call catalog. Since there is no ios app to do the same thing, the ACTION BUTTON DOESN'T WORK.

This means that you cannot answer a call (or end one), with the action button.

You can only answer or end a call using your phone.

For SONY support team :

Could you please fix this at least? It would be ideal to have all the benefits of your Google play app in an ios app, but if this cannot happen, could you at least make the action button do the minimum work, which is answer call, reject call, end call, and turn on voice function?

Trustee
Samuel

I will forward this feedback internally!

One time poster
skiace

Without any doubt Iphone users need the applications made to work togethr with SBH50. Personnaly i dont think is much of trouble, since is very common for the same applications to exist for ios and android platform.

Concerning your problem i am sorry to tell you that you must have a defective set or some malfunction in the comuncation with your iphone. In my iphone 5 works fine. Accept,end or reject a call. The rest of the possibilitiesare missing but this is cause of theapplication absence..

I sugest you restart the sbh50 and you do a hard reset on your iphone.then try again to pair the devices like for the first time.

@Samuel, please let the company know that we will verry much enjoy to have also ios applications for the full use of the headset we bought.

EDIT. Stelios, i would sugest to find someone with an android device. Pair the headset and then update it to the last available update which is 1.1.A.07.

One time poster
dennisng

I am going to buy sbh50 for my iphone5. Can "Action Button" activate the Siri for calling people or other function of Siri? Thank you!