Anonymous(anon)

No Caller audio when using MW600

Hi,

I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Gingerbread 2.3.6. When using my Sony MW600 BT headset, I am unable to hear the caller's voice on ANY call. Instead, I hear my own voice echoed back to me. The caller can hear me well and I can use the headset to listen to music and the radio ithout any issues.

I have reset the headset and my phone, and tried all possible setting combinations to no avail. Please help.

gwhispererz

Re: No Caller audio when using MW600

Hi, it could be a compatibility issue (not sure). Do you have any Xperia phone to test? That will definitely confirm whether the headset is faulty.

If not, visit the Service Centre, you should be able to test it with their Xperia phone.

Anonymous(anon)

Thank you for your quick reply.

I actually did a little in-depth troubleshooting and found the root cause of the issue.

I have a call recording app that records calls using the AudioUplink on my phone. Turning it off or changing the settings to record AudioDownlink resolved the issue.

Tried a few test calls, everything worked fine. Kudos on an extremely well made Bluetooth Headset. It's exactly what I was looking for.

Please include Samsung Galaxy S2 (I-9100) in your compatible phones list.

Working features:

-----------------------

Voice commands

Hold Call, redial Last Call, Mute Call

Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track, Forward, Rewind

Audio file title displays when using the stock Android music player

Contact phone number displays

Non-Working features:

-----------------------

Does not display audio file title when using PowerAMP music player (did not test other players)

Contact Name does not display

I hope this information helps in whatever way possible.

gwhispererz

Glad that you have a workaround ....

For info, I think those 2 Non-working features that you have mentioned are the same with Xperia phones.